• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Patience Pays Off

high-n-tight

I've been doin' a lot of huntin' since I got back from Iraq.....trying to catch up since I missed all of November.

Last evening sitting in a deer stand I never hunted out of before, I just finished a PERDOMO RESERVE CUBAN CAFE (nice smoke), 2 Does jump out in front of me. 10 seconds later....BLAM!!!!...the big one goes down. :) :)

doekill25iz8.jpg

She weighed 84½ pounds (pretty big for this part of TX) at the game warden's check-in station and he estimate she was 4½ years old.

Now, the hunt continues for her brother...... ;) ;)

Nice shot Kelley for a Texan deer........ :D :thumbs: :cool:

I heard their droppin' deer out in Iowa ranging 180 to 200 lbs right now!!!

Good Job - I am no hunter, but is it smart to be smoking while sitting in a tree waiting for a deer. Would they smell the smoke and be spooked? Just wondering.

Good Job - I am no hunter, but is it smart to be smoking while sitting in a tree waiting for a deer. Would they smell the smoke and be spooked? Just wondering.

I thought exactly the same thing.

Great shot!

I too am a deer hunter and I frequently smoke in the woods while hunting. For some reason I have seen (and harvested) some nice bucks with a cigar in hand.

Fish

Deer flock toward the smell of a fine cigar, just like women. At least that is what Shooter told me.

Damn it that's what I'm doing wrong, not smoking while hunting ??? very nice job on the Doe. Welcome back from the "Sandbox" and thank you for your service and keeping us free and strong!!! :thumbs:

Nice shot Kelley for a Texan deer........ :D :thumbs: :cool:

Damn straight!! That is all I've ever known. Growing up in Northwest Iowa we have some great hunting.

The deer down here in NC are about the size of my Doberman. :sign:

Wow, you shot a nice sized dog. :laugh: Just kiddin, nice shot, and welcome back.

Good shootin', Tex! :thumbs:

Go get another!

Congrats on the deer Kelly.

I have a friend that sits on the ground, takes naps, smokes cigarettes and drinks coffee while deer hunting. :laugh: He is the luckiest person I know to because he always managed to get some good ones. ???

I thought exactly the same thing.

Just out of curiosity, what do you do with a deer after you kill it?

Jerky, Smokies, Steaks, Sausage,....the possibilities are endless, but all very tastey.

Congrats on the doe! I have a friend, by the way also a LTC and that boy makes the best deer sausage and meatballs I've ever had! Jerky is also good and you can make a nice pot roast out of the loin. Rod you got to try fresh game it is rather good. This coming from a city boy :D

[/quote]

Corn Fed :sign: