• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Patriots 2008

I am still in shock that he picked the Saints to go to the SuperBowl......

Tim

First of all, I realize this sounds ridiculous.

Yeah...actually, it really does ace. Your grammatical skills need some fine tuning, but for the purpose of this post, I will only stick to spelling errors and a few pointers on sentence structure. I'm trying to help you out here. ;)

Hehe. Wasn't really a fair game. After the whole "spy gate" incident, the NFL was all over the Patriots' ass. Every game after week 1 they were closely watched and monitored by the NFL. If you followed the patriots all season long, you would start to see as the season went on, the calls were getting heavily in the favor of the Patriots opponents (??). And (please don't start your sentences with "and." It doesn't work.) dispite (despite) of that they went 18-0. Then during the Superbowl, worst called game I've ever seen.

The greatest "missed call" of all times, when Eli through (threw) that bomb down field to set up their final touchdown.

Not really, how you figure? (That fragment needs some re-tooling.) It's the same with steroids in baseball. No one wanted Barry Bonds to become the greatest home run hitter of all time, correct? MLB has no control over that, (.) What's the umpire going to lie and say that it didn't go over?

Since the NFL doesn't have nearly as many games as the NBA, the NFL fixes it in a different way. They just make sure one team doesn't dominate the league. If you seriously think that all these old corporate figure heads are angels, and care more about the "integrity" of the game over making MILLIONS, then your (you're, that would be a contraction.) hopeless. Maybe of (if) your team was ever on top you would understand.

And now we come to the final:

Patriots are by far (the) best team in the NFL. I don't see them not going to the Superbowl. (??) They had a taste of it last year. They know they can go all the way undefeated. They learned from their mistakes and are more determined than ever to come back with a title.

If you were on the Patriots, your team went 18-0, and you LOSE in the Superbowl what would you do? "Boo hoo, we lost, I hate football. I'm never going to try again,". (get rid of that period, please.) or would you say, "So damn close, will be different next time around guaranteed."

Your theory about the NFL "fixing" games is an interesting one, to be sure, as it smacks of apocalyptic proportions. I will definitely be sure to gather my buddies and picket outside of the stadiums, chanting how I believe the NFL games are "fixed" to feed the Fat Cats.

I do admire your loyalty to the Patriots' franchise though, reminds me of a character in a little movie called "Lord of the Rings:"

Untitled-1.jpg

(Photo used courtesy of artist Yeahthatsme.)

Good luck to you and your Patriots, big fella. :thumbs:

First of all, I realize this sounds ridiculous.

Yeah...actually, it really does ace. Your grammatical skills need some fine tuning, but for the purpose of this post, I will only stick to spelling errors and a few pointers on sentence structure. I'm trying to help you out here. ;)

Hehe. Wasn't really a fair game. After the whole "spy gate" incident, the NFL was all over the Patriots' ass. Every game after week 1 they were closely watched and monitored by the NFL. If you followed the patriots all season long, you would start to see as the season went on, the calls were getting heavily in the favor of the Patriots opponents (??). And (please don't start your sentences with "and." It doesn't work.) dispite (despite) of that they went 18-0. Then during the Superbowl, worst called game I've ever seen.

The greatest "missed call" of all times, when Eli through (threw) that bomb down field to set up their final touchdown.

Not really, how you figure? (That fragment needs some re-tooling.) It's the same with steroids in baseball. No one wanted Barry Bonds to become the greatest home run hitter of all time, correct? MLB has no control over that, (.) What's the umpire going to lie and say that it didn't go over?

Since the NFL doesn't have nearly as many games as the NBA, the NFL fixes it in a different way. They just make sure one team doesn't dominate the league. If you seriously think that all these old corporate figure heads are angels, and care more about the "integrity" of the game over making MILLIONS, then your (you're, that would be a contraction.) hopeless. Maybe of (if) your team was ever on top you would understand.

And now we come to the final:

Patriots are by far (the) best team in the NFL. I don't see them not going to the Superbowl. (??) They had a taste of it last year. They know they can go all the way undefeated. They learned from their mistakes and are more determined than ever to come back with a title.

If you were on the Patriots, your team went 18-0, and you LOSE in the Superbowl what would you do? "Boo hoo, we lost, I hate football. I'm never going to try again,". (get rid of that period, please.) or would you say, "So damn close, will be different next time around guaranteed."

Your theory about the NFL "fixing" games is an interesting one, to be sure, as it smacks of apocalyptic proportions. I will definitely be sure to gather my buddies and picket outside of the stadiums, chanting how I believe the NFL games are "fixed" to feed the Fat Cats.

I do admire your loyalty to the Patriots' franchise though, reminds me of a character in a little movie called "Lord of the Rings:"

Untitled-1.jpg

(Photo used courtesy of artist Yeahthatsme.)

Good luck to you and your Patriots, big fella. :thumbs:

Awww cute. Didn't know the forum whores and trolls were on this site. I just got e-broked down and replied about my grammar! OH NOEZ!111 KEKEK.

Fact is, nothing you said make sense. Just disagreeing with what someone says and posting witty comments to make it seem like I'm wrong doesn't make you right.

And (yes I start sentences with and), my Patriots will dominate your team all day every day. ^^

Awww cute. Didn't know the forum whores and trolls were on this site. I just got e-broked down and replied about my grammar! OH NOEZ!111 KEKEK.

Fact is, nothing you said make sense. Just disagreeing with what someone says and posting witty comments to make it seem like I'm wrong doesn't make you right.

And (yes I start sentences with and), my Patriots will dominate your team all day every day. ^^

Can we save this for Friday? For Gary's sake.

Did you know that it can be grammatically correct to begin a sentence with 'because' as well? :laugh: :0

I am still in shock that he picked the Saints to go to the SuperBowl......

Tim

HAHA, Cowboys? You serious? No thanks. Just like they were going to make it last year eh? ^^

You guys can doubt me all you want and post your shitty teams, (I'm just waiting for someone to say, "DOLFINS WILL GOZ 2 THA SOOPA BOWLZ N WINZ CUZ I LIVE IN FLORIDA".) but the Patriots are by far the best team in the NFL, denying this just makes yourself look foolish.

If anyone cares to bet a blunt on any game I'm down with that. Put your money where your mouth is (or your cigar where my mouth is).

Go jerkoff about the friggin' Patriots on the Patriots board and leave this one for cigars and other adult conversation.

Go jerkoff about the friggin' Patriots on the Patriots board and leave this one for cigars and other adult conversation.

Greenbay sucks... You mad? :"(

Shame that the greatest player in your teams history doesn't want anything to do with them. Heheh.

Last time I checked, these were the SPORTS sub-forums.

What in the hell are you even talking about?

Not much of what you've said makes sense except that you like the Patriots and you think they'll be good this season.

The NFL does NOT fix games. The Patriots did NOT get screwed. Your assertions to the contrary are not based in fact by any means.

Stop crying about LAST YEAR and look forward to the next. Jeebus, you sound like a 10 year old whining about the refs and the league...

While I think souldog's response was a bit petty, we do try to use proper grammar and punctuation here at Cigar Pass; it makes things easier to read.

Did you know that it can be grammatically correct to begin a sentence with 'because' as well? :laugh: :0

OH MY GOD! Smilies in sentences? Such bad grammar.

Trust me, I mostly use gaming forums, I deal with idiots like him all day long who thinks that they are right no matter what bullshit comes out of their mouth and anyone who thinks different is automatically wrong. Then they resort to flaming, trying to correct someones grammar, bringing unrelated issues into a topic, etc. They all just insecure douche bags who got their ass beat in highschool and take out their rage online (e-rage). And I had to start a sentence with and. And. AND AND AND.

:p

People need to lighten up.

If anyone cares to bet a blunt on any game I'm down with that. Put your money where your mouth is (or your cigar where my mouth is).

In the nature of good spirited betting,
I am willing to bet Opus, 3-1, that the Pat's don't even go 16-0 through the regular season. Put your one Opus against my three. All day long.

Roberto took you up on that buddy...for what it's worth. My prognosis is that you won't be around long enough to see that wager come to fruition.

OH MY GOD! Smilies in sentences? Such bad grammar.

Trust me, I mostly use gaming forums, I deal with idiots like him all day long who thinks that they are right no matter what bullshit comes out of their mouth and anyone who thinks different is automatically wrong. Then they resort to flaming, trying to correct someones grammar, bringing unrelated issues into a topic, etc. They all just insecure douche bags who got their ass beat in highschool and take out their rage online (e-rage). And I had to start a sentence with and. And. AND AND AND.

:p

People need to lighten up.

Ironic, isn't it?

You're heading downhill fast here. I'd bet you a "blunt" but I don't smoke those. Perhaps you should put down the blunts for awhile and come back later while clear headed.

What in the hell are you even talking about?

Not much of what you've said makes sense except that you like the Patriots and you think they'll be good this season.

The NFL does NOT fix games. The Patriots did NOT get screwed. Your assertions to the contrary are not based in fact by any means.

Stop crying about LAST YEAR and look forward to the next. Jeebus, you sound like a 10 year old whining about the refs and the league...

While I think souldog's response was a bit petty, we do try to use proper grammar and punctuation here at Cigar Pass; it makes things easier to read.

The grammar in the sentence you quoted was deliberate. Was aimed at the kid who thinks hes 1337. What I was talking about is forum trolls (google it). People who's entire life is on the internet and forums. On other forums I use, there are people averaging 120 posts a DAY, and spend 18+ hours every DAY on the website. And they think this makes them superior to others.

I didn't bring up the issue of last year, so your pointing the finger at the wrong person.

Really???

This thread has gone south indeed.

Cory, if you are going to stand on the mountain top and proclaim your favorite team as the Alpha and Omega of football, the we are going to stand here on solid ground and cast stones. For the most part, it is all in good fun.

As for the English lesson, those are a fact of life around here. I know that I have recieved my share, and will prolly get one for this post as well.

To start calling names and going out of your way to be rude is just childish.

This was way over the line, and IMHO amends should be made/

Go Cowboys!!!!

TIm

Cory, you should take a closer look at a community before you go running your mouth. The only troll here is you. Buh-bye dickweed.