• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Paul Newman

Damned good race car driver, too. RIP

Doc.

Yes he was, I met him a few times while crewing and racing in SCCA and IMSA back in the late 80's, he was a true gentleman and just an all aroud good guy. He will be missed.

Damned good race car driver, too. RIP

Doc.

Yes he was, I met him a few times while crewing and racing in SCCA and IMSA back in the late 80's, he was a true gentleman and just an all aroud good guy. He will be missed.

I met him and spent time with him and his team at one of his last appearances in public as a guest of the Newman-Haas racing team at Elkhart Lake, WI in 2007. My friends mother-in-law was in her final stages of cancer, and absolutely loved Paul. While in her hospital bed, she asked her husband to please get her an autograph. Paul graciously autographed a very rare special picture for her, which was very much cherished in the last few remaining days for her life. Shortly after he made that appearance - I'd heard he himself was diagnosed with cancer.

I've heard behind the scene stories of his incredible generosity. For a good portion of the his remaining years, he literally devoted all of his resources to the "Hole in the Wall Gang" camp. Those I know that have visited the camp have been blown away with what has been accomplished with the funds that have been invested by Paul.

He will be truly missed...

RIP!

Luke: I can eat fifty eggs.
Dragline: Nobody can eat fifty eggs.
Society Red: You just said he could eat anything.
Dragline: Did you ever eat fifty eggs?
Luke: Nobody ever eat fifty eggs.
Prisoner: Hey, Babalugats. We got a bet here.
Dragline: My boy says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs.
Loudmouth Steve: Yeah, but in how long?
Luke: A hour.
Society Red: Well, I believe I'll take part of that wager.

Unbelievable!!

We watched Butch Cassidy just last night.

Don't forget another one of his best efforts, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

Great actor. Great guy.

We lost a good one in Mr. Newman. Even his salad dressing rocks.
May he R.I.P.