• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

paying too much?

Smokin'Sims

Gettin' my nerd on, Hopp Schwiez!
I was in Brimingham, AL yesterday at a B&M and saw a partial box of BTL's. They were running at 24.99 so I picked up some. I later looked at the MSRP at ~$14. How common is it to pay this much mark up on HTF sticks? I'm still excited like a 5 year old getting presents though to have them sitting in my humi.

If you're happy, that's all that matters.

Doc.

It's a pretty big markup but if you're happy with it, that's all that matters. It's not easy to find them so I can't blame you for getting them.

Thanks TJ...

$4.o5 per stick in Alabama. That could account for the increase in price.

Thanks TJ...

$4.o5 per stick in Alabama. That could account for the increase in price.

Certainly doesn't, I can get Anejos in Mobile for just barley over MSRP (I think because no one here has figured out that they are supposed to be a HTF stick, there's still a box of 49s sitting in one of the local B&Ms). At any rate, that tax is 4 cents, not 4 dollars; some B&Ms just mark up more than others. Its probably not a bad deal though, considering it'll be another 5 months before any more of those are released.

Try shopping in Colorado with 40% of MSRP. I think only Alaska is worse. Still, there are an abundance of B&M. HTF are frequently available, but I seldom buy more than a handful per year.

No tabacco tax here in Florida but all the HTF sticks get sold to the rich guys and never offered to the rest of us.