• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PayPal

Triple_D

Triple_D
I've been using paypal for years and have never had any problems. That luck came to an end. A lady sent me $500 via paypal and 2 days after I shipped the goods paypal put a hold on the money and today they reversed it saying it was fraudulent funds. Now I'm screwed out of the money :angry: and already shipped out the product ??? . A pit bull breeder in Missouri called me last night and told me that he got taken for $1,500. He got paid through paypal, shipped a puppy to Canada and the next day paypal took the funds back.

What the f is that.....Call paypal and the local authorities. That is fraud and a federal offense since the internet was used!!

I hate paypal and will never use it to accept money. They are a terrible company with some of the worst customer service on the planet.

Avoid them at all costs.

I called paypal and since the buyer didn't have a verified address they won't do anything about it.

I would agree with Bill! I used PayPal one time to get something of EBay and they {paypal} charged my card two times. When I notified them of the problem they said" it would be taken care of immediately", two months later and 10 Emails they took care of it by charging me again! :( I contacted the person I bought the Item from and he immediately sent me back all the over charged cash the next day. Again I tried to contact PayPal to see WTF was going on and I received a letter from there lawyers stating that "legal action would be taken if I continued to engage in what we see as credit card fraud" :sneaky: I passed the letter on to my lawyer and with in two days we had a certified letter of apology and a offer to upgrade me to some sort of "premium" service... I sent the letter back and wrote on it in big black marker "GO FU*K YOURSELVES"! :D

Fast4Dr said:
What the f is that.....Call paypal and the local authorities. That is fraud and a federal offense since the internet was used!!
The authorities won't do anything. A little over a year ago a guy named Richard P. Brock in California ripped me off for $560 that I sent him for a pup he never sent. I went through all the steps reporting him to the internet fraud and the FBI. I have never heard anything back from them about it. A total waste of time.
I make most of my pit bull sales over the internet and these thiefs make it harder to gain customers trust. I know I'm tired of getting ripped off.

Richard P. Brock in California ripped me off

OKAY, here's Phil's chance to redeem himself. :D

Phil, If you can track down this thief and get Duane's money back, I'll take back all those bad things I said about you ;)

I only used Paypal from a credit card account. At least I can with-hold payment if needed. So far I haven't needed to do that.

If you're looking for another online payment option with minimal start-up cost, I just signed up for a 2checkout account.
http://www.2co.com or http://www.2checkout.com
They have a higher % rate then other credit card processors, but it's only $45 to create an account and NO monthly/annual fees after that.

Hope this helps,
Dave ;)

That sucks. I'm one of Paypal's biggest fans.

I've been with them for 4.5 years and had nothing but pleasant experiences.

Cheers,
Dixie

I'm a (relatively) happy Paypal user. Just always make sure not to send anything until the money clears, that usually takes three days to a week.

I only use pay pal for small amounts and only with people I trust. Mostly with my CP bruddas :D
Also I saw a BS e-mail in my hotmail junk folder. Supposed to be from Paypal. Something about a computer problem if you just click on the link and reenter your info .....
one more Spoof scam. look out for it & DO NOT answer it

Bill

Just remind me to add a few extra bucks when quoting someone a price because of what Paypal takes for credit card usage.

That sucks. Were 'the goods' a puppy? I've got to wonder what kind of care a person will take of a puppy they stole. ???

I've been using paypal since it was x.com and never had a problem, but I've used it 99% of the time to send money, not receive.

I've been a huge paypal fan for years. I guess I'm lucky it wasn't for more than what it was. I didn't ship out a pup, I shipped out sperm. Yep, a box full of sperm. She was supposed to pay half up front (the $500) and half after the confirmation of pregnancy. I'm guessing i won't hear back unless her female is knocked up .

Anyway, I guess the moral of this thread is to be carefull and make sure the paypal user is verified and has a verified address. Waiting a few days to make sure it clears would be wise also. I've decided to keep my paypal account open and just use more caution. I got too comfortable with it and that is how I got burned.

Triple_D said:
I didn't ship out a pup, I shipped out sperm. Yep, a box full of sperm.
You know, the sarcastic bastard in me wants to make a joke, but really, this is funny enough on its own. :D

I won't even ask how it is you collect said sperm... :0

As an aside, I'm actually dealing with an out of state breeder at the moment myself (for a purebred cat I'm getting). She insisted on a check for deposit when the kittens were born to reserve one. I don't know yet how she'll want the remainder when I pick the kitten up (I'm going there, not getting the kitten shipped).

Triple_D said:
I didn't ship out a pup, I shipped out sperm. Yep, a box full of sperm.
DDD,
The joke is on her, right. Tell the truth, you sent her a box of your own little swimmers. :sign:

Now for the serious part,

Duane,
What is the process if she tries to register any pups?

Will you have to sign anything as the owner of the sire, if that's what they're called?

I don't ship out anything unless they have a confirmed address, period.

If she wanted to register the pups the right way she would need my signature and my dogs info. I'm going to contact the ADBA to let them know the whole deal so if she tries to pass on another males info as the sire she will get busted and have to DNA test all the pups. If all works out she may not be able to register another dog again. This Bit*h lives in Fayetville North Carolina.