• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PC Gamers Pass

Well?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way, you freak!

• Might be slightly interested...

• Not interested, grow up already!

• Dude, righteous!

• - to the voice of Tone Loc Let's do it

• Total voters

SamGuss

I mentioned this in passing on another thread oh hey! a PUN), but have been thinking about it. I have a newer game I am not interested in playing again and have some games that have been out for a couple of years that I won;t play again and they are just taking up dead shelf space.

So, what I was thinking was a fairly small pass and include games as part of the pass. As in we do it as a noral cigar pass of course, but in additon have a game pass. Take a game, leave a game, perferably within the same year or two as the one you took. Since the games, do become bulky and heavy I would limit this to 10 people at most. Start off the pass with about 10-15 smokes between mid and high shelf and probably about 8-10 games.

Now instead of just starting this thing I figured I would get some feedback and of course to gauge some interest. I know for example there are a couple of gamers on the board, but are we enough to even make a go at this? Any suggestions about the rules of this particular pass? Issues you see might be a problem? Etc. etc.

Sam

I might be interested if I could put a couple smoke and take a game out. I am not a gamer, but love playing different stuff. All my extra money goes to beer in foreign ports and cigars, so I don't ever really buy myself anything. But I do have a couple games on the shelf I would part with.

Emo

emodx said:
I might be interested if I could put a couple smoke and take a game out. I am not a gamer, but love playing different stuff. All my extra money goes to beer in foreign ports and cigars, so I don't ever really buy myself anything. But I do have a couple games on the shelf I would part with.

Emo
I personally wouldn't think this would be a problem, provided of course if we allowed the opposite to happen as well - but in both cases provided that it does leave cigars and or games in the pass.

Sam

Are you talking original CD's, or copies? Wouldn't there be a copyright issue here? :lookup:

Dave ;)

Originals only with all documentation that you can muster, i.e. guidebook, ref cards, etc. If you don;t have them, then no big big deal, but original copise only!

Sam

This sounds pretty interesting, it beats having games gathering dust. But this would be one hyuuuge box.
Motor Freight, anyone? Maybe include the game box folded flat?

I would, but I haven't purchased a game in a long time... most of the games I have been playing are mods to current games I have.

psyktek said:
This sounds pretty interesting, it beats having games gathering dust. But this would be one hyuuuge box.
Motor Freight, anyone? Maybe include the game box folded flat?
Yes it would - one of the reasons to limit to no more than 10 passers. Might even go as few as 7 or 8.

Sam

I think this is a GREAT idea Sam! Put me down for a slot for sure. Great twist on the traditional pass.

Ok folks, thanks for all your input and letting me know there would be some interest out there. I have some cigars coming in from a couple sources this next week so am going to go ahead and get this set up in a couple of days and make the announcement in the appropiate forum.

I think this is going to be fun ;) :thumbs:

Sam