• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PCAT Pass

vewyphishy said:
If the cigars do arrive here, then claiming insurance for any reason becomes a difficult task. Not impossible, but the USPS can and will utilize any loophole to shank on paying the claim.

Basically, if it arrives late and in poor condition, you live and learn... move on.
stinks.gif

:( :( :( :( :( :(

THIS PASS IS OFFICIALLY DEAD.
This was the first pass that I've started and the damn P.O. shot it down :(

Today makes two weeks since I mailed the box and 10 days that it's been known as lost. Michael and I have kept in contact and I have everything I need to go make the insurance claim tomorrow.

As I mentioned before I won't be able to restart the pass simply because I don't have the inventory. SORRY EVERYBODY :( Hopefully we can try this again in the future.

Dave, please move this thread to the "completed passes" forum.

Not giving up either but the cigars are most likely dead or some luck s.o.b. has a nice "free" box of smokes! :(

I'm not giving up yet... still waiting...
I'll try calling Dell tomorrow morning to see if they have made any progress before I go to the P.O. after work.

I went to the Post Office yesterday and told them what happend. They gave me some forms to fill out but I can't return them for the claim until it has been at least 21 days since I mailed the box :( .

HAVE I SAID THIS TOTALLY SUCKS!! :angry:

gatorsmg said:
:( :( :( :( :( :(

THIS PASS IS OFFICIALLY DEAD.
Looks like it. I'm out.

Thanks for havin me gatorsmg!

Definitely next time.... this fall when it's cool again. :thumbs:

WTF?? That totally bites!

Moved to [Completed Cigar Passes] 'cause the P.O. sucks!

Dave

Because it was insured, it had to be signed for and it was... by a person named "Smart"... at the offices of DELL COMPUTERS located a few blocks from here.

Well this Dell employee named "Smart" has to be pretty f'ning STUPID if he/she signed for a package that was not addressed to their company OR their address. Now granted, the USPS screwed up bigtime BUT again Mr. or Mrs. "Smart" sure ain't living up to their namesake.

I hate morons/people who go through life with their heads up their asses.

That's what I said... and to add the cherry on top, they sent it off to another Dell facility instead of RETURNING to the PO.

What can you do? Idiocy abounds.

well gator, after you (hopefully) get your money back, let me know if there are any cigars in the pass you can't find to replace; I'll see what I can do!

well gator, after you (hopefully) get your money back, let me know if there are any cigars in the pass you can't find to replace; I'll see what I can do!

That's mighty generous of you there brother Andrew :thumbs:

I'm a bit behind on threads and was just informed of your loss :( You know the deal Scott... A! A! ;)

Not yet :(

I filed the paperwork with all of the necessary receipts ands explantions a few weeks ago. Now I have to wait for their insurance department in Chicago to review the claim and contact me. God knows how long that will take ??? If I don't hear from them by the end of next week I'm going to call them. By the time I get my check (IF I get my check) inflation will make the $250 worth about $10 ???

I'll keep you guys posted

gatorsmg said:
Not yet :(

I filed the paperwork with all of the necessary receipts ands explantions a few weeks ago. Now I have to wait for their insurance department in Chicago to review the claim and contact me. God knows how long that will take ??? If I don't hear from them by the end of next week I'm going to call them. By the time I get my check (IF I get my check) inflation will make the $250 worth about $10 ???

I'll keep you guys posted
any word yet?

How about your results from the PCAT?

What really ticks me off about the LOSER working for the USPS down there in Austin is vewy has said this is STILL happening, the delivery of his packages to the Dell warehouse.

They should fire that mail carrier's stupid a$$ and tell him/her to start a new career cleaning toilets somewhere. At least he doesn't have to read any numbers on packages for that job and it just might be something he/she could handle.

This is strange because I think for the most part, the USPS does a pretty darn good job. It's too bad they can't sem to handle a problem like this with an employee who has obvioulsy cannot read or is just plain too lazy and sloppy to be a mail carrier.

Maybe any insurance claims paid by the USPS should come directly out of his/her paycheck.

Fast4Dr Posted
any word yet?

How about your results from the PCAT?

Still nothing. I went online yesterday to find a phone number to call..wasn't too successful so I'm just going to call a general information number instead. Their website said that most claims are settled within 30 days. It's been just over two weeks since I filed the claim so hopefully this will be over soon ???

I did pretty well on the test (top 30%). I wish I had done a little better but hopefully I did well enough to get in. I think I have a descent application. Unfortunately I won't know anything for sure until Feb. or March.

coventrycat86 Posted
What really ticks me off about the LOSER working for the USPS down there in Austin is vewy has said this is STILL happening, the delivery of his packages to the Dell warehouse.

They should fire that mail carrier's stupid a$$ and tell him/her to start a new career cleaning toilets somewhere. At least he doesn't have to read any numbers on packages for that job and it just might be something he/she could handle.

This is strange because I think for the most part, the USPS does a pretty darn good job. It's too bad they can't sem to handle a problem like this with an employee who has obvioulsy cannot read or is just plain too lazy and sloppy to be a mail carrier.

Maybe any insurance claims paid by the USPS should come directly out of his/her paycheck.

That's ridiculous! :angry:

I can understand a mistake or two but to repeat the same mistake multiple times is just incompetence. I would imagine that with a few complaints/ insurance claims there will be a new mail carrier on that route.