• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pelican case as a humidor

burn-slow

I have a nice Pelican case that I dont plan on using for my computer anymore, just wondering if anyone is /has used one of these as a portable humidor.

Yes thats all Ive ever used. I just trow one of my seasoned puck's in there and I go. Hope that helps

Pelicans make a nice travel humidor. I use a cigar caddy, but the concept is the same.

Actually I'm thinking of storing 4 or 5 original packaged boxes in there. My travels will take me away for 6-7 seven months so this thing will be in constant use for at least that long if not longer.

got it up and running with humidity stable at 67%, now if I can just find the charger for my camera I could post some pics

Oh well I'll just post with some phone pics.

IMG00055-20101017-0923.jpg

IMG00056-20101017-0923.jpg

IMG00057-20101017-0925.jpg

Ready for a long trip

HAha, nice! I have nearly the exact same case I use for work travels except mine is filled with GPS / Computer equipment. Never thought of this...:-D

Brilliant idea! I love pelican stuff for my firearms :p should protect my cigars as well ey?

Did you have the pick n pluck foam in originally?

Brilliant idea! I love pelican stuff for my firearms :p should protect my cigars as well ey?

Did you have the pick n pluck foam in originally?

I did have the pluck and pick set up for my laptop, hard drive, power card and airport express modem but there was not enough room for my speakers camera and other accesories so I went with a FUL back pack that even holds my bose 2 speakers and still manages to be pretty compact and light. Now I just have the 1in layer on foam across the bottom and conformed foam at the top.

Nice arrangement of box tetris in a pelican case, Burn slow. Since you travel with those cc's (carry on I assume), did you ever get questioned about having cc's on your person when flying out of the islands? I go to Vegas but tend to de-band the cc's just in case, but I'd rather not have to do that just in case I want to gift some away.

Dave

Nice arrangement of box tetris in a pelican case, Burn slow. Since you travel with those cc's (carry on I assume), did you ever get questioned about having cc's on your person when flying out of the islands? I go to Vegas but tend to de-band the cc's just in case, but I'd rather not have to do that just in case I want to gift some away.

Dave

Have not tried to travel anywhere with this yet as I have just set it up. In reality I would never need this for my normal trips and vacations, I'm primarily using this for long deployments on which most of the transportation is via military aircraft so no real worries going into other countries.

Thanks for clarifying that question, stay safe in your travels!

No thats a beautiful picture,

I've used the cigar caddy's in the past and they seem very similar, what are you using for humidification?

Boveda / Cigar Mechanics?

Oh well I'll just post with some phone pics.

IMG00055-20101017-0923.jpg

IMG00056-20101017-0923.jpg

IMG00057-20101017-0925.jpg

Ready for a long trip