• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Perdomo Edicion de Silvio Torpedo

Kryo

Pyro first, smoke second
Last night I lit up a Edicion de Silvio Torp gifted to me by moki. I now remember why torps are my least fave size.... its so damn hard to hold em im my mouth!!! :D

Design issues aside, its a wonderfuly constructed stick. Smooth, silky, light brown wrapper that has a wonderful smell. Cut the end off a little shallow the first time and didnt get any draw. Second chop had a easy pull.

Lit up and was trying to get a solid cherry going when I was tapped on the back, some guy shot off at me, "Thanks for lighting that thing up. Me and my wife are leaving now thanks to you because she is alergic to smoke and that thing could kill somebody." :0 Absolutely the most rude statement said to me about cigars EVER! :angry:

Didnt ask me to put it out, didnt ask me to move... just blunt rudeness. Now I like to think I am a considerate, caring person and would have glady accomidated them if they asked... but this just made me feel low. :( Besides the fact there are over a dozen cigarette smokers in the place listening to the musician that was out for the nights entertainment... why would you be stupid enough to goto a bar when your alergic to smoke? Anyway... that pretty much ruined the rest of the night.

Back to the smoke... Was suprisingly strong for a non-maduro. A bit harsh at times, somewhat reminding me of a Opus X but without that special twang or monster buzz. :thumbs: Was expecting the ledgendary creamyness to come out in droves so this suprised me. Friends who I was sitting with btw werent even bothered by the smoke I was billowing out, a rare thing. Being distracted I was smoking the stick between too hot and almost going out. Around halfway done the creamyness showed up and it was definitely different. The harshness went away and the last half was a dream. :) Went out on me past the band so I let her rest.

Cant wait... I have 5 more incoming from the group purchase and with a month or two to mellow out these will be awsome smokes.

Kryo said:
Lit up and was trying to get a solid cherry going when I was tapped on the back, some guy shot off at me, "Thanks for lighting that thing up. Me and my wife are leaving now thanks to you because she is alergic to smoke and that thing could kill somebody." :0 Absolutely the most rude statement said to me about cigars EVER! :angry:
I've been there and it's ridiculous if you ask me. Especially how violent some people react. It's as if you threatened to kill them. I'm fortunate that my private club encourages cigars and rarely have a problem there other then a snide comment or two. However, I was permanently banned from my favorite pub last year. It's taken me a while to get used to but I've learned to expect a certain amount of abuse from time to time. I just shrug it off and continue to enjoy. I wish people that were so damn offended by cigar smoke would avoid places where it's expressly allowed. There are plenty of non smoking establishments.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to vent :D

I think its a ridiculous knee jerk reaction. Cigarette smoke is so much more offensive. I hate when people light up cigarettes around me. Cigar smoke is pleasant. I think people just assume it will bother them.

Don't let them bother you. A lot of people feel it's ok to be rude to anyone who bothers them. I remind myself that these folks are the "vocal minority"
Sometimes you gotta use the Rodney Dangerfield attitude "f--- me? F--- YOU. :D
Probably had other people in the place who where happy you "chased" the couple away anyway :thumbs:

Bill

Interesting... I don't think I've heard of anyone calling those cigars harsh. I wonder what's up with that... ah well, at least it hit its stride with you later on...

Well I just had a Robusto tonight from the stash. And A Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, calling it an early night as I have Holiday Parties...etc tomorrow night. Once again the EDS does not fail to amaze me. Super creamy, awesome construction, seems mild overall but has a nice kick when you are done smoking it.

Is it true once these are gone they are gone? Perdomo should not stop producing these as they always seem to be show stoppers.

If it is a limited release I would like to pickup a box before they are gone. Anyone?

I've heard that just the Salomone is going to be made this year. I think they are keeping the regular line of EdS :thumbs: