• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Perdomo Lot 23

Btalon

I smoked a Perdomo Lot 23 today on a trip I took. It was excellent, good smoke and great flavors. I am new to cigars and have tried a bunch of different ones with my mainstay the Rocky Patel Vintage. The thing I noticed with the Perdomo is towards the last 1/3 of it I got a sort of menthol feeling on my upper lip. It wasn't bad, just really different than what I've smoked so far. I am going to get some more of them for my coolidor as I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Question for you guys/gals that are more experienced than me, what is a similar cigar as far as flavor profile.

A short list of what I've tried so far:
Rocky Patel - Vintage 1990 - 1992
Indios Maxima Reserva
La Aroma de Cuba
Kristoff
Punch
Macanudo - 1968
5 Vegas Classic
Perdomo Habano Corojo - another nice smoke from perdomo
Punch Rare Corojo
CIFuentes Partagas 1845
Fonseca
Punch Gran Puro
Te-Amo Aniversario Vintage 99
Arganese

I like the Vintage Patel's, tried the te-amo vintage thinking it would be similar and hated it. The Habano Corojo from Perdomo was another that stood out to me.

Hoping this can help others that are more fluent in directing me towards some good smokes that I'd like to try.

Thanks

Glad you liked the Lot 23. I always thought that this is one of Perdomo's best smokes, and priced better than all the rest. If you like Rocky, try the Rennaisance. This is his new smoke and, again, it's better than all the rest. WElcome to CP and enjoy the ride!

Try the Gurkha line. It's gotten more affordable through CBid. I used to really enjoy their Vintage line and the Titans.

Glad you liked the Lot 23. I always thought that this is one of Perdomo's best smokes, and priced better than all the rest. If you like Rocky, try the Rennaisance. This is his new smoke and, again, it's better than all the rest. WElcome to CP and enjoy the ride!

Interesting thread, I used to be a Rocky guy and then my palette shifted on me. Since then, I have dabbled, an Edge here, a Decade there, nothing in the rotation. Now the other day I am in my local B&M and spy the Rocky Patel Summer Collection 2008.

Anyone heard of these? Anyone try one?

Inquiring minds really wanna know.

Interesting thread, I used to be a Rocky guy and then my palette shifted on me. Since then, I have dabbled, an Edge here, a Decade there, nothing in the rotation. Now the other day I am in my local B&M and spy the Rocky Patel Summer Collection 2008.

I had the summer collection. It was pretty good. The guy at the B&M recommended a belgian white ale to pair it with. I smoked the cigar with a Blue Moon and it was pretty darn good.

I had both the Summer and the Autumn Collection. Both are enjoyable smokes (although not big sellers at my B&M).

I agree, the Lot 23 is a solid smoke. It always delivers a smooth, yet rich leathery profile. Great value.

I love the Lot 23 that was my first box purchase. And Perdomo cigars are great for the price that they sell them at. I mean they're all great cigars but on top of that they don't cost a whole lot.

I have a Lot 23 that I haven't got around to yet. You guys have peaked my interest and will give a try tomorrow. :thumbs:

Back