• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Perdomo Signature Collection - Diablo (Perfecto)

arvee

Details

Size: 5.75" x 54
Wrapper: Criollo '99 Nicaraguan shade grown
Binder: ?
Filler: ?

Prelight

Very firm with a slight springiness. Feels like it should be constructed quite well. Aroma is a pretty straight forward tobacco smell with a slight sweetness. Pretty much smells like a cigar.

Light

Clipped the head and tested the draw. Felt pretty tight. Checked the cut depth again, can't go much more without cutting past the cap. I decided to try and light it up. Toasted the foot and started puffing. It is tight, yet worked better than I was thinking it would. Good deal. I let it rest a bit, now on to smoking.

Draw

At first it was tough going, long hard pulls to get very little smoke. After rounding the bend of the perfecto tip to the full gauge portion the draw was a good deal easier. It was still of the tight side, but it was fuctional.

Flavor

First couple puffs had a slight nuttyness to them. Then a few puff later nuttiness is pretty much gone, but now we have a woody flavor (oak I think... I'm new to this) and a subtle sweetness. Aftertase is a touch ashy, I hope this changes. After the draw became easier the ashiness went away, yet the flavor was a flat woody note. No great melody to speak of. After the half-way point the cigar picked up a bit of spice. Still nothing to write home about. I pitched it with about 2 inches to go due to ashiness and bitterness starting to creep in. The next inch would likely still have been alright, yet I was not in the mood and the hockey game was over.

Burn

Burned straight and true. No touch-ups needed. Ash was a nice solid light gray. It held it's ash fairly tight. I ashed every inch and half or so just to be safe.

Overall

A decent cheaper smoke. Not great, but not bad. I would give this cigar a strength rating of a mild to medium. I'm not much for mild cigars, yet Macanudos are pretty good. This was no Macanudo. (for whatever that is worth)

Thanks for putting up with my first in-depth review. Hopefully I covered everything that should be covered. :)

Nice review, dead on with most perdomo cigars I've tried.

I enjoyed the review. Are you sure you haven't done this before?:) I love the perfecto shape, but except for the Chamagne Series I have found most of their cigars fall flat.

arvee said:
I'm not much for mild cigars, yet Macanudos are pretty good. This was no Macanudo. (for whatever that is worth)
Uh oh. Does that mean that you think the Signature wasn't as good as a Mac?

Thanks for the review. I enjoyed it IMMENSELY!

P.S. - You may have saved me from a bad investment.

Thanks for the kind words. It is indeed my first real review. I modeled my review after a few I've read here. :)

Yeah CheapSkate I would rather smoke a Mac than a Signature, yet I wouldn't turn down a Signature either. (unless of course I had a better option) Of course, taste is subjective. So, you might find them to be a great cigar. I'd be interesed in yer take on them when you smoke the one you have. :)

Very nice first review. I haven't had much luck with Perdomo stuff...but like some other brands, I just don't get much from their cigars. Nicely made and packaged though.

Keep smoking and keep those reviews coming.

Wilkey

Nice work on the review. I felt almost like I was smoking it with you. Keep em comming and thanks

Brandon