• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Perique Tobacco

Thanks for the interesting article. I hope Percy is wrong about no one carrying on the tradition.

I've read another article about the Perique farms. It was also from a Louisiana paper, I think. I think it was more current than this, but it may have been this actual article. The ol' noggin doesn't work like it used to.

I wonder how all the blends that contain Perique don't cost a lot more given the scarcity of the leaf. I guess it really demonstrates what little effect the demand of pipe smokers has on the tobacco market in general.

Thanks for the link. Perique blends are one the reasons I have pipes. So distinctive a flavor ... it really is a must try. I love to pull this blends out into the fall season. Hopefully someone will find the value in keeping the Perique crop and tradition ... if its ever gone it will be missed.

I have been around here lately and as a matter of fact I haven't touched my pipes either ... funny things happen when you by a humidor.

As long as the demand is so high perique will be produced.

That's what makes capitalism so great! :D