• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PETA strikes again

SFG75

Master-passer
Okay, this will give coventrycat nightmares for days to come. :0 PETA has struck again, and this time it's in regards to the automobile industry. If you are drinking coffee as you read this, please put it down-coffee is only good for you, not for your computer screen or your khaki pants. Oh yeah Bill-Jaguar is next on their protest list!. :D

Mercedes-Benz has agreed to offer "leather-free" versions of all its luxury cars to pacify an animal rights group that says thousands of cows are slaughtered each year for leather car seats and interiors.

After complaints from the German chapter of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, DaimlerChrysler said its Mercedes subsidiary will offer fabric or synthetic leather as options. Daimler spokeswoman Ursula Mertzig-Stein said that far from wanting leather-free cars, "our customers ... are more likely to want even more leather at the premium end. But we'll make cars without leather on demand."
Reuters

Cows have the right to be car seats if they want, sacrificing themselves for the greater good.

"Mercedes-Benz has agreed to offer "leather-free" versions of all its luxury cars to pacify an animal rights group that says thousands of cows are slaughtered each year for leather car seats and interiors."

IDIOTS! They're slaughtered for steaks, chops, ribs, and roasts.....
the seats and interiors are ancillary... er... serendipity... er... just a bonus.

We should start harvesting PETA members... but then we'd be dealing with IDEA...
Imbeciles Defending Ethical Airbags.

NA

SamClemmons said:
"Mercedes-Benz has agreed to offer "leather-free" versions of all its luxury cars to pacify an animal rights group that says thousands of cows are slaughtered each year for leather car seats and interiors."

IDIOTS! They're slaughtered for steaks, chops, ribs, and roasts.....
the seats and interiors are ancillary... er... serendipity... er... just a bonus.

We should start harvesting PETA members... but then we'd be dealing with IDEA...
Imbeciles Defending Ethical Airbags.

NA
[snapback]164280[/snapback]​

I think the cows they use for the car seats are "Corinthian" cows, at least thats what Ricardo Montelbon (sp) used to say.

Dont those cows get special treatment and massages to keep their coats in tip top condition?

As for harvesting PETA members, they wouldn't have nearly as much meat on them, and they would probably taste like chicken :D

All I want to know is this. Why would you buy a Mercedes-Benz if it didn't have leather interior??? I mean really.

SFG75 said:
All I want to know is this. Why would you buy a Mercedes-Benz if it didn't have leather interior??? I mean really.
[snapback]164432[/snapback]​

Actually that was a bad point for Benz when I was shopping cars in '01. I had to wait 2 months for my 9-3 (SAAB) to hit the lot with the cloth interior. NO I am not concerned about the well being of cows, but the skin on the underside of my thighs. Leather seats are a real bitch to sit on when they have been baking under Texas sun for 8 hours. Those windshield sunscreens are incredibly annoying to deal with IMHO; get cloth and the problem is solved. My wife's 9-5 has leather but is equipped with the seat cooling fans so if you let those run a minute or two before exposing your bare sink to the leather's surface you aren't risking 2nd degree burns.

-Matt-

I hate animal rights activists :angry2:

Have no fear Scott, Jaguar Motor Cars will not buckle under to this nonsense :D

I think I'll go out and kill a coupla cows just for laughs ;)

coventrycat86 said:
I hate animal rights activists :angry2:

Have no fear Scott, Jaguar Motor Cars will not buckle under to this nonsense :D

I think I'll go out and kill a coupla cows just for laughs ;)
[snapback]164455[/snapback]​

I don't know if you have to worry about killing cows Bill, just enjoy that new monster burger from Hardees(?) that is supposedly the largest one around in front of an animal rights activist or a Hindu. I'm telling you Bill, next thing you know, you won't be able to buy yourself a new shaguar without imitation leather. :p

I like gas guzzling exotics...nice hides...and a smokey cigar..!!

Well, if you really want amusement, click:
http://www.fishinghurts.com/

I fished during high school and some early college years as well. I've never gotten back into it, but I did enjoy it and will never forget a good tangle with more than a few bass that dared to take my lure. :)

SFG75 said:

I fished during high school and some early college years as well. I've never gotten back into it, but I did enjoy it and will never forget a good tangle with more than a few bass that dared to take my lure. :)
[snapback]164726[/snapback]​

banner01.jpg

Oh, no... This is TOO much...

Here Rover.... :whistling:

ggiese said:
SFG75 said:

I fished during high school and some early college years as well.  I've never gotten back into it, but I did enjoy it and will never forget a good tangle with more than a few bass that dared to take my lure. :)
[snapback]164726[/snapback]​

banner01.jpg

Oh, no... This is TOO much...

Here Rover.... :whistling:
[snapback]164736[/snapback]​

LOL-she ought to pay a visit to Korea or the Philippines. :whistling:

Sounds to me like PETA made a demand and Mercedes made a reasonable reply:

Daimler spokeswoman Ursula Mertzig-Stein said that far from wanting leather-free cars, our customers ... are more likely to want even more leather at the premium end. But we'll make cars without leather on demand.

namely, if the customer wants it without leather, they can have it that way.

well, out of respect for one's religious beliefs, don't think I'd eat the burger in front of a Hindi.

But, am curious as to how many peta's actually own Benz's?
hmmm, am thinking not many ...

I don't want to get too political and offend our fellow BOTL animal rights people, :p but I've found a resource that you anti-PETA people would love. You can "sign" a petition to have PETA's tax-exemption status revoked due to their sponsoring of group s that have undertaken illegal action in the past. Click here to read an sign the petition.

-Scott

Over 56,000 siggies so far. There is also a feature where you can send it to your friends/family if you so desire. The group thats sponsoring it sounds interesting, I especially like the "health fanatics" part. :thumbs: