• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Petit Corona Suggestions

okiesmoke

I really like the Tatuaje VI Angeles.

Anyone have any suggestions for other petit coronas?

Try the Illusione 68. Great little smoke!!
Thanks for the tip! I love PCs, too, and have yet to try that one.

Some I've tried
601 Green Oscuro - one of my favorite NC PCs. Pity it comes in a box of 40(Split?)
Davidoff Mille - at $10 each not a good value but a great mild NC.

The best deals in this size are all CCs, IMHO - Boli, PL, JL, Diplo & Monte #4s, etc.
And the expensive CCPC - Sig II
And the perlas CCs - Sig I, Trini Reyes, Diplo & Monte #5, etc.

But the first one is the best value NC PC - sweet and spicy, a real flavor bomb!

On the less expensive side, (my budget) I love DPG Black Label Perlas, Rocky Sun Grown PCs and CAO Black Totems.

I have to say my fav so far in this category is-

Perfecxion #5 (NC)
Juan Lopez PC (ISOM)

Jim

Sorry Tom, I did a search but I guess I didn't put in the right stuff. My bad.

Thanks for all the suggestions though, I'll check them out.

Por Larrañaga Petit Coronas

Very creamy, a bit to the mild/medium side....a great cigar to share with others that may not be hard core CC lovers. Inexpensive as well.

Very creamy, a bit to the mild/medium side....a great cigar to share with others that may not be hard core CC lovers. Inexpensive as well.
I smoked one last night from 06. I bought 20 in a group buy about 18 months ago. Smoked several and then didn't touch them until last night.
Wow, I was pleasantly surprised how much this stick had improved.

Anyone want to part with a box or ??? from 06, just let me know...don't all rush now :whistling:

Brian

I would second most of the ones listed above (need to try some of them myself). I would also add a AF Hemingway Short Story, while not technically a PC it is a great little smoke.

I smoked one last night from 06. I bought 20 in a group buy about 18 months ago. Smoked several and then didn't touch them until last night.

Anyone want to part with a box or ??? from 06, just let me know...don't all rush now :whistling:

Brian
#1...how about I trade you some nice, fresh, newly rolled versions of those to replace the old moldy '06s you have :laugh:

I do this because I care! :thumbs:

Por Larranaga is a fantastically interesting ISOM if you can get your hands on some.

Brian
#1...how about I trade you some nice, fresh, newly rolled versions of those to replace the old moldy '06s you have :laugh:

I do this because I care! :thumbs:

You are a man after my own heart :love:

Brian

I agree with the 601 oscuro and illusione 68 for NCs...already smoked an entire box of 68's from jan07 and they were terrific...better than the first production last summer IMO.

As for CC's, Vortex nailed it!

A lot of excellent suggestions. I love the Illusione 68 and DPG Black Perla.
I didn't see it listed, so I'll add:

The Ashton VSG Tres Mystique.
Some folks consider the Padron Anniversay 1964 Principe a Petite Corona.

I've been exploring some inexpensive smoke at work PC's. A decent smoke, and a good bargain is the Gran Habano "Lunch Break" cigars. The # 5 Corojo, and the # 3 Habano. Boxes of 40 for about 85.00
I tend to like full flavored cigars, but for this brand, I think the slightly milder # 3 tastes better.

Sorry Tom, I did a search but I guess I didn't put in the right stuff. My bad.

Thanks for all the suggestions though, I'll check them out.

Sorry if it came off as a "search is your friend" type of post. That wasn't my intention at all. The thread was a couple pages back, and I know search terms like "PC" don't really yield results. I was just putting it up because there's some really good affordable suggestions in there.

I had an Illusione MK last night and thought it was fantastic. It started off spicy then smoothed out with rich, leathery flavors. Beautifully made as well.

I've burned quite a few of the DPG Black Perlas as well. Boli PC always works for me as well.

I like the 5 Vegas Anomolly for a good cheap morning coffee pc. An even smaller cigar I like is the Petite Tatuaje and also the Petite Cabaiguan.