• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Petit Coronas, Which to buy?

PLPC are one of my favorite cigars.I have a cab from 05 and they taste great.I'm trying to hold off on smoking them to let them age a bit to see what happens.I've had about 7 BPC's thus far and they have also been very very good.For some reason I didn't like the Partagas PC.I've smoked about 4 of them and tried to like them but they were not that enjoyable.They seem pretty popular so maybe I had a few from a bad year.Good luck,my vote would go for the PLPC followed closely by BPC.

Partagas petit corona especiales can be had for under $100 a box. Just scored an 88 in the new CA, for what thats worth.. :laugh:

I have a box from early '07 and have really been enjoying them. They are all made by hand and I have heard that some down time do them quite well. Might be something to consider. I'm sure glad that I did!

mac

Did the Monte 4s fall out of favor? I had some a while back while I was traveling and they were really good. I only have 1 left, but was looking into acquiring more.

And I loved the Boli PC as well...no draw issues but I had some handpicked singles.

For me, the BPC and PLPC are the kings of the PC size.

Maybe try the RASCC as well if you like smaller cigars, but it's not a PC size.

Cohiba Siglo I if you have the money to burn...

Punch Petit Punch is one of my favorites, but I love Punch cigars period.

Montecristo No.5 is also very good.

A Punch Petite Corona man here!

I've had most of the others and the Punch are always good smokes in my book.

Por Larranaga and Bolivar PCs are my favorites. :thumbs:

Forgot to add: Partagas PCs with some age are fantastic. :D

The Diplomaticos N°4 for a milder grab anytime smoke.

H Upmann petit corona for a more forward high quality tabacco taste. These need alot of time to produce the amazing bouquet it has to offer though. They are good smokes until about 5 then they start breaking out of their cacoon. I have some '98's that are just unbelievable. The '01's are really developed now. But who has this kinda time. Not me. Well, at least it feels like I don't. If you see them out there, grab some.

I have to agree about the Diplomaticos No. 4. Despite consistency issues, the Monte 4 is also a favorite. Don't count out the PLPC... ugh, fantastich!

Some guys have recommended a sampler. That's not a bad idea. But with a sampler you won't necessarily receive the benefit of aging a box and seeing how the particular brand/vitola develops over time. So I agree with Gary... buy boxes and pace (cough)seriously(cough) yourself on smoking them... see how they develop and buy more of the ones you like. Simple, right ???

The Diplomaticos N°4 for a milder grab anytime smoke.

H Upmann petit corona for a more forward high quality tabacco taste. These need alot of time to produce the amazing bouquet it has to offer though. They are good smokes until about 5 then they start breaking out of their cacoon. I have some '98's that are just unbelievable. The '01's are really developed now. But who has this kinda time. Not me. Well, at least it feels like I don't. If you see them out there, grab some.

I have to agree about the Diplomaticos No. 4. Despite consistency issues, the Monte 4 is also a favorite. Don't count out the PLPC... ugh, fantastich!

Some guys have recommended a sampler. That's not a bad idea. But with a sampler you won't necessarily receive the benefit of aging a box and seeing how the particular brand/vitola develops over time. So I agree with Gary... buy boxes and pace (cough)seriously(cough) yourself on smoking them... see how they develop and buy more of the ones you like. Simple, right ???

Samplers would be wonderful but I don't know where to get them and am not supposed ask. I was going with what I knew how to make work.

Bolivar petite coronas might be the best cigar I ever smoked in my life.

Bolivar petite coronas might be the best cigar I ever smoked in my life.

Very good smokes! I had a Boli Tubo No. 2 this morning from early '06. Actually looked to have a slight bit of plume on it. Oh man was it good!