• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PG

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I went to WalMart the other day to buy some PG and couldn't find it. Where exactly is it located? And aside from helping keep humidity in cigars, what else is it used for? I looked all over the aisles and couldn't find it.

Thanks. :)

You need to go to the pharmacy and special order it. I called the pharmacy and they ordered it for me, it took a couple of days and cost around 9 dollars.

Hey Rod. Forget the PG stuff. Give Vern a yell and get some climmaxx beads. I know it costs more , but there is no messing around with them and they work great. :thumbs:

Isn't propylene glycol the same stuff that's in antifreeze? Or is that ethylene glycol? Anyway, sib's right....just get the climmax beads and be done with it.

FatherTiresius said:
Isn't propylene glycol the same stuff that's in antifreeze? Or is that ethylene glycol? Anyway, sib's right....just get the climmax beads and be done with it.
FT, the antifreeze stuff is ethylene glycol.

Propylene glycol is used in foods as a preservative, so no problems using it to humidify cigars.

Rod, I'd second giving Vern a call about the Climmax Beads. I use them in my coolers and in my desktops and I don't worry about the RH now. I have seen some posts on other BB that the beads do not work well in desktops because they breathe more than coolers so the humidity doesn't hold as well, but I haven't had any problems with the desktops by using them. :thumbs:

Shadow said:
I have seen some posts on other BB that the beads do not work well in desktops because they breathe more than coolers so the humidity doesn't hold as well, but I haven't had any problems with the desktops by using them. :thumbs:
I have had that problem, but my desktop is pretty leaky. RH was always about 2% low in my desktop. Works great in my cooler though. An added advantage is that you can get 65% beads but PG is always 70%.

Yea, I'd agree on just going with beads. I have three desktop humi's and had an oasis in one and oshkosh's in the others. I got tired of always being way low and just replaced them all with beads. Way better now. Much less hassle.

Don't forget the beads have a recommended volume they will humidify, but if they are staying low perhaps more beads would help. The pound I bought is proving to be enough for my three desktops so far, I didn't bother doing any math on it.

:0 i thought this was another thread about paragod! :p