• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Piasa Winery Norton 2001

Matt R

That's #1 Member to you. :)
What a lovely tasting red wine. This is an Illinois wine made down south in Alton. The winery is owned by a friend's uncle. He had been saying how good the Norton was, so I grabbed a bottle for this weekend. Beautiful, deep full flavors in the vein of a merlot. Drank the whole bottle Saturday night. And, not only does it produce a very nice taste on the tongue, it also produces a very nice headache on the brain. ;)

Wow, I've actually heard of this winery before..... not for its wine but because I understand its a place to observe Eagles around September/October. I love watching raptors and had actually thought about trying to swing by this place during the LOL Herf.

So next year I should be able to mention your name and get a discount?

Anyone here drink Ontario wines? They are actually quite good, especially from Niagra on the Lake, such as Peller Estates and Jackson-Triggs. Just curious.

Allofus123 said:
Wow, I've actually heard of this winery before..... not for its wine but because I understand its a place to observe Eagles around September/October. I love watching raptors and had actually thought about trying to swing by this place during the LOL Herf.

So next year I should be able to mention your name and get a discount?
Kenny, it's Jake's (JDC20) uncle's winery. And yes, the Alton area is known as a nesting spot for American Bald Eagles.

Norton is also the name of a winery in South America (Chile, I think) that makes a couple of killer red wines.

In this case, Norton is the grape variety, not the winery. :)

Eagles are still there. Few more weeks. Just drive down the river road you will see nests.

Pere Marquette state park has lodging and guided tours.

Sorry, don't know about the wine. I love to soar myself, have to admire the masters.