• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Picked up some sharks

joxxy

So I stopped by my local cigar retailer today. Usually don't, but I was looking to check out their ash tray selection. Nothing there, but after picking up a few cigars I asked if they had any Añejo's in. Blank stare. :lookup: Then the clerk volunteered that they just got these things from Fuente called Sharks. So I had him point them out. Sure enough, a box of #77's, with 2 gone. I grabbed 4.

Both of the guys there knew little or nothing about them. ??? Was kind of thrown by that. Glad I have this board and online retailers.

I haven't had the sharks yet. So I'll light one up soon. If I don't like it, I've got 3 to bomb/pass with. :)

BTW, they were $11.18/ea.

joxxy said:
So I stopped by my local cigar retailer today. Usually don't, but I was looking to check out their ash tray selection. Nothing there, but after picking up a few cigars I asked if they had any Añejo's in. Blank stare. :lookup: Then the clerk volunteered that they just got these things from Fuente called Sharks. So I had him point them out. Sure enough, a box of #77's, with 2 gone. I grabbed 4.

Both of the guys there knew little or nothing about them. ??? Was kind of thrown by that. Glad I have this board and online retailers.

I haven't had the sharks yet. So I'll light one up soon. If I don't like it, I've got 3 to bomb/pass with. :)

BTW, they were $11.18/ea.
Put them in the bottom of your humidor and forget them for about a year. You can thank me then ;)

Emo

There must be some law or something, that states they are not allowed to selll these cigars in NY, or at least my local shops! :0
In the past 3 years, the shops by me had Anejo only 1 time.

Captain B said:
There must be some law or something, that states they are not allowed to selll these cigars in NY, or at least my local shops! :0
In the past 3 years, the shops by me had Anejo only 1 time.
No sir -- three shops in Upstate NY have had Añejos in recently... :)

CapB, looks like moki's been pillaging all your local shops. Get a search warrant for moki's humidors... You'll find the "missing" Anejos and Opi. :D

Brian - I found Anejos in 2 local shops last week while you were gone. ??? Sure there are none left by now.. :(

vewyphishy said:
CapB, looks like moki's been pillaging all your local shops. Get a search warrant for moki's humidors... You'll find the "missing" Anejos and Opi. :D
No, he's upstate, I mean the REAL NEW YORK!

other1 said:
Brian - I found Anejos in 2 local shops last week while you were gone. ??? Sure there are none left by now.. :(
Yea Yea Yea, same old story. "If I'd known, I had a better deal".... I see the lips are moving, but all I hear is BLAH BLAH BLAH! I hear the same song every time I buy a car, or a house, or a boat, and now cigars.

:sign:

LOL. Maybe if we meet up for a smoke one of these days I'll have a surprise for you. :sneaky:

After getting a few PM's I went in today to get a few more. Asked them if I could just take the box and they said sure. :0 Amazing. Anyway I've already sold off some, and I'm gonna keep the balance resting comfortably in the box at the bottom of my cooly for a while. ;)