• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pierre Ferrand

fna

Anybody have any of the Ferrand labels, the Ambre in particular?

I was disappointed in this $50-60 bottle (a gift). I found it hot and alcoholic (not like Lindsay L:eek:han, hot and alcoholic in a bad way)

The Ambre is their lowest level and goes for about $33.00 a bottle. I've never tried it and probably would avoid it. Their mid level is called "Reserve" and their high end one is called "Selection des Agnes."

I'd be interested in seeing how their "Selection des Agnes" matches up with Remy Martin XO since they're about in the same price range.

Anybody have any of the Ferrand labels, the Ambre in particular?

I was disappointed in this $50-60 bottle (a gift). I found it hot and alcoholic (not like Lindsay L:eek:han, hot and alcoholic in a bad way)

I'm confused, I thought Lindsay Lohan was hot and alcoholic in the worst way possible.

"goes for about $33.00 a bottle"

Maybe in your neighborhood or on the 'net. The buyer/giver of this gift griped when I had to admit I didn't care for it "What? I paid $50 for that bottle". I have subsequently seen it for 49.95. Just because a wine is available at a certain price does not mean that is what it "goes for".

I have bought Gurkha perfectos for $4.25 - in my view, doesn't mean that's what they go for.

At any rate, I am surprised that you would avoid this bottle but think favorably of an XO cognac.

Each component liquor of the Ambre substantially exceeds the aging requirement for XO.

Of course, the component parts of the Remy XO Excellence all exceed these requirements as well, but in another comparison, the Ambre is 100% Grand Champagne Cognac, while the remy is a blend featuring only 85% Grand.

I guess what got me wondering is your position that you would "avoid" an expensive premium Grand Champagne 1er Cru Cognac that you had never tasted. I am sure it is not my complaint that engendered this view. What is it about this brandy that tells you to avoid it? By the same token, what is it about the Remy Martin XO that would make it favorable in your eyes, based on the label.

Thanx.

Since CC is sleeping in, you know cats sleep 18 hours a day, I'll cover the "going price" portion. You don't say where you are and have no profile info I can't get specific but I can find Ferrand Ambre for under $35 in NYC, LA, Miami, and DC. Not a representation of everywhere but some of the more expensive places in the US. I think you need to shop better.

" I think you need to shop better."

As I mentioned in my post, $50 is the price paid by the person who bought this for me as a gift.

You're the second person who commented on my intro. How much info do you guys need to talk to a someone about cigars and booze? I haven't read your intro (or anyone else's) but I know all I need to know about you which is that you are some guy (or girl - don't be offended AVB is gender neutral) on a cigar discussion board.

I go to cigar lounges - nobody complains when I say "Hi, I'm Fred." then proceed to talk about cigars or sports or the weather.

I'm sure you mean my profile and not my intro but both were pretty interesting if you care to look. If you did have yours filled out I could have been more specific with my pricing info but I guess you got the point about shopping.

"goes for about $33.00 a bottle"

Maybe in your neighborhood or on the 'net. The buyer/giver of this gift griped when I had to admit I didn't care for it "What? I paid $50 for that bottle". I have subsequently seen it for 49.95. Just because a wine is available at a certain price does not mean that is what it "goes for".

I have bought Gurkha perfectos for $4.25 - in my view, doesn't mean that's what they go for.

At any rate, I am surprised that you would avoid this bottle but think favorably of an XO cognac.

Each component liquor of the Ambre substantially exceeds the aging requirement for XO.

Of course, the component parts of the Remy XO Excellence all exceed these requirements as well, but in another comparison, the Ambre is 100% Grand Champagne Cognac, while the remy is a blend featuring only 85% Grand.

I guess what got me wondering is your position that you would "avoid" an expensive premium Grand Champagne 1er Cru Cognac that you had never tasted. I am sure it is not my complaint that engendered this view. What is it about this brandy that tells you to avoid it? By the same token, what is it about the Remy Martin XO that would make it favorable in your eyes, based on the label.

Thanx.

Well it does indeed go for about $33.00 a bottle and if the friend who gave it to you paid over $50.00, they paid too much. I would avoid this because I've heard very little about this brand of cognac and based on what I read about it and my knowledge of cognac, I don't think I'd like it. You yourself said you were "disapointed" so why on earth are you getting snarky here? I'm very familiar with Remy Martin XO and I like it very much and I have consumed a few bottles of it over the years.

The ambre still has a crispness to me. It is not very round or lush on the tongue and is still very floral on the nose. I think it is fine for long drinks. I like it with a little tonic, or makes a good sidecar.

This fna guy is unbelievable! What the hell is your problem buddy? Why has it taken me less than 5 minutes to find four instances (and I'm sure I'll find more in another five minutes) of you getting all defensive and abusive to established members? You had better shut the fuck up and move along to another forum, because your stay here is about to become very unpleasant.