• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pinar Legal-Cuban

s0ber

Anyone ever hear of these or try one? The owner of my local cigar shop was tellin some guy about em today. Something along the lines of the tobaco bein shipped out of cuba to central america where they were made and it makes it all legal or something.

Never heard of it, but what he described would not make it legal (sending the raw materials out of cuba and manufacturing elsewhere).

s0ber said:
Anyone ever hear of these or try one? The owner of my local cigar shop was tellin some guy about em today. Something along the lines of the tobaco bein shipped out of cuba to central america where they were made and it makes it all legal or something.
Don't bother -- Shadow is right, just buy the real thing.

Besides Moki scaring me by talking to people who haven't posted in the thread, the one Pinar I had was not remarkable in any way. I'd rather have a Gurkha.

There had been a discussion about these before in the forum. I've smoked several of these and my recommendation is if you want to smoke cuban tobaccos, smoke a cuban.

C-Bid had some Pinar's ...basically they are a 50/50 blend "pre-embargo" & Dominican long filler...never smoked one though can't think they'd be something to talk about.

-P-

Pinars.... just another overpriced and overhyped dog rocket! Don't waste your money on these vile puppy projectiles... get the real habanos instead. The owner of the brand is someone to avoid as he ripped off a CFer for several thousands of dollars and I don't believe he ever paid it off. ??? :( :sneaky:

Wade

I wasnt planning on buyin any, they were sellin for $15 each. I got 2 VSG Spellbounds and a few Aurora 100 anos churchhills instead :D

s0ber said:
I wasnt planning on buyin any, they were sellin for $15 each. I got 2 VSG Spellbounds and a few Aurora 100 anos churchhills instead :D
:thumbs:

Bill

I tried these unfortunately. These rode the coat-tails of Gurkha's pre-embargos. That was the idea with these. They took pre-embargo cuban tobacco and then horribly blended it with some other trash (Nicaraguan I think). A total waste of time and money. Avoid these. They are, as others have stated, over-priced dog-rockets. Stick to the pre-embargo Gurkhas (the idea here being, not only to be smoking some Cubans, but to be smoking some legitmately aged tobacco as well). The Gurkhas, which you can find dating to the 40's or 50's are vastly, vastly superior.