• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pipe Cabinet

anvil

Distant Member
I thought I would share a few pics of my latest purchase.
I have been sent a couple of Pipes and as they will have great sentimental value to me I decided to buy a suitable home for them.
I picked this up off Aussie Ebay. It is solid Oak and supposedly at least 100 years old. It has a 5 pipe rack on the top and a few cubby holes for tobacco and accessories. I have no idea what the two holes in the top are for, so any info would be very much appreciated.
pp2.jpg

pp1.jpg

Cool aye

Dave

Very Nice find Dave. Do the holes go stright through or have an inner lip? Kinda looks like it from the photo. Looks like someone used and cared for it. :D :thumbs: I know you'll do the same.

Very Nice find Dave. Do the holes go stright through or have an inner lip? Kinda looks like it from the photo. Looks like someone used and cared for it. :D :thumbs: I know you'll do the same.

The holes don't go through. They have an inner lip( a small hole in a larger hole).
I thought about getting it restored but I think I will leave it as is. Just a polish with some bees wax.
The Lady that I purchased it from reckons it was made around 1880 in Aussie with Tasmanian Oak.