• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pipe Pass?

alcmiller

I recently discovered that this site was called cigar pass for a reason and I absolutely loved the idea of cigar passes.. However I'm not very knowledgeable on cigars so my first instinct was to see if the pipe community did a similar thing.

To my surprise, there were only a few pipe tobacco passes and most of them were Boswell samplers..

Now, I'm relatively new to the pipe smoking community and I would love to try as many different blends as possible at this point. I also recognize that there is a fairly large demand for Boswell blends here as well. Luckily I happen to live 15 minutes from Boswell's shop now ^_^

I guess I'm just wondering who would be interested in a Boswell pass again. I'd love to become active in this pipe community as well as participate in trades and exchanges. Unfortunately, I am just starting and it is difficult to trade with thin air. Doing a pass would allow me to build up some inventory for myself and get you all some blends that you seem to enjoy.

Please let me know your thoughts on the subject!

If you check out the Pass forum, the rules state that you must be an active member to participate. You've been here 5 months, and have made 8 posts. Your best bet would be to become a contributing member of the forum, read and respond(where applicable) actively, and after having done so for a while, see about joining a pass.

I was thinking of setting something up after the new year. We'll see if I get anywhere.

And, yeah, there are rules that will need to be followed and all that. If it gets past the stage it's at right now, that will all be worked out and outlined.

Stay tuned...

Staying Tuned... I can think of a few Canadian brothers and sisters who would puff along with one of these.

I was thinking of setting something up after the new year. We'll see if I get anywhere.

And, yeah, there are rules that will need to be followed and all that. If it gets past the stage it's at right now, that will all be worked out and outlined.

Stay tuned...

I'll certainly keep an eye out for that!

Yes please wait until AFTER January 12th because then Ill be here for over 4 months and can participate. :)

hehe, shameless plug, I know.

I hate to bust any bubbles, but I'm not sure shipping a box full of tobacco into Canada is going to be a good idea. The last time I sent a box up there the recipient got dinged with some pretty hefty fees even though it was a gift. I'll do a little research, but I'm not sure at this time if the pass will be able to go over the border.

Sorry.

yeah, I was kinda wondering about that angle too... much as I'd like to participate in something like this, I wouldn't want to have to be the poor sap who ends up dropping a couple hundred on duty and taxes when it comes over the border ???

maybe what eventually what we could do if people live near the border pass it around 1 country and someone does some traveling and ships it if they visits country 2

I guess well have to try and see how many Canadians would be interested in a pipe pass... does that mean Canadians dont get bombed either? Well have to bomb each other! hehe

I guess well have to try and see how many Canadians would be interested in a pipe pass... does that mean Canadians dont get bombed either? Well have to bomb each other! hehe

There are certainly some international bombs that have gone out, it's just a matter of amount of tobacco, as well as how it's sent. You can send a certain amount as a gift with no troubles, but a pass sized box would carry hefty taxes if customs snagged it.

There are certainly some international bombs that have gone out, it's just a matter of amount of tobacco, as well as how it's sent. You can send a certain amount as a gift with no troubles, but a pass sized box would carry hefty taxes if customs snagged it.

There's also no guarantee of a quick turnaround in customs or the guarantee that it won't disappear altogether. It's happened to me in the past.

There will be no international component to any pass I organize. It's nothing personal. Hell, the box can't even go to the state of Washington as the law stands right now.

Yeah, it's a pretty big risk. I'd say a pass really has to stay within the borders unfortunately.

You guys are making me nervous, I just bought a whole whack of cigars from Wes888 and its been over a week and everyday Im loosing a little more hair. Lol. He did mark it as a gift and "Candles" hehe so maybe no problems... I see that theres sometimes a Canadian pass so Ill get involved in the next one of those... Thanks for the info guys!

There's also no guarantee of a quick turnaround in customs or the guarantee that it won't disappear altogether. It's happened to me in the past.

There will be no international component to any pass I organize. It's nothing personal. Hell, the box can't even go to the state of Washington as the law stands right now.

Thanks for the information; I had no idea about Washington...