• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pipe Repair and Apple Tobacco

WalkingMan

Hey gang. My 4 year old decided to "help" me clean one of my favorite pipes the other day and lost a pipe cleaner in the stem. I tried to get it out but have not been successful. I live in the Baltimore area and was wondering if anyone new of a place or person who performs repairs. Or have I lost this pipe?

Also, when I was a kid my father smoked a pipe and I have very fond memories of an apple scented pipe tobacco. He cannot tell me more than he got it from a local tobacco shop that has since closed. Does anyone know of a pipe tobacco with an apple aroma. I would entertain both commercial and private mix tobacco.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the assistance!

Pipe SMoker - I misspoke, the cleaner is in the shank. I am not sure how he got all of it in there but he did. Stubborn as his mother I guess! Thanks for the link, I was aware of Middleton's Apple but have not been able to find it locally. I think I will start there. 

Bigman - I totally forgot about Fader's in Towson. Thanks! Are originall from the area? 

That's got to be a pretty long shank to have swallowed an entire pipe cleaner. If you can see the end (assuming its very near to the opening, you might try the old screw trick. When you break off the tenon in the shank you can gently thread a screw into it, just enough to get it to bite, then pull the broken part out of the shank. You might get lucky and get enough grip on the pipe cleaner to pull it out. Otherwise, if the pipe cleaner can pass all the way into the bowl, you might try to push it through with another one, and then fish it out of the bottom of the bowl.

Thanks for the advice pipe smoker. I will give it try before going to the smoke shop. I'll let you know how it goes.

Back