• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Place to get decent cigar cutter/butane lighter?

BSpel55

This is a very newbish question, and I've never really smoked anything decent anywhere but my house, so I used my stick butane lighter (like for candles) and my cigar cutter that you just use your thumb and forefinger to pull the blades back and push hard to make a cut. I'm going to Vegas soon and I want to smoke at the table. Obviously I'm not going to bring my stick butane lighter to the table, so where would you recommend I get a better lighter at? Anywhere in particular or are they easy to come by? As for cutter, would you recommend an upgrade or just use what I've got? I can get a pretty good cut with it, it's just tough sometimes.

Thanks again, sorry for the newbier questions but I figure better to ask them instead of ruining good cigars ya know?

Any B&M worth their salt should have a selection of accessories for purchase. Check them out. You could also try CigarSwag.com (the retail site for CP, purchase there and help support CP). For my money, a Blazer torch and a Palio cutter have worked very well for me.

I second the Blazer torch lighter. I picked mine up at a group buy on here and love it! Well worth the price IMO.

Easy to second the recommendation of Cigar Swag as a good place to buy from. Rod's prices are very good; competitive with just about anyone.

Also easy to recommend a Palio and a Blazer torch. If a guy had to have only one lighter and one cutter, this would do the job in spades. I'm rather fond of my new Victorinox punch, but it won't help you out with torpedoes or other smokes with a tapered end.

Lastly, don't use Ronson butane...!! Stick with a good brand that's at least "triple filtered". I've used King butane from these guys ever since I've used a torch, with no complaints.

Good Luck - B.B.S.

Edited to fix busted link........

You can't go wrong with the Blazer, especially the PB207. However, if you want a more inexpensive option...Ronson butane lighters from Walmart work fine as well. Xikar also make good lighters. Palio is also my cutter of choice. Started with Xikar, but I prefer the Palio.

If you plan on buying a lighter you can fly to Vegas with, make sure you get one that is compatible with the couple of TSA-approved carry cases.

Try checking out CigarBid. The best bang for your buck lighter in the Vector Triple Torch. I have got them for less than $20. It has a mini punch on the bottom of the lighter aswell.

I use the Xikar Element (got a killer deal i couldnt pass up).

I also like the Xikar Executive around 20 bucks.

I havent tried the blazer, but i hear good things about it. Any local B&M should have a decent stainless steel cutter for about 10 bucks, that should last a while.

Any B&M worth their salt should have a selection of accessories for purchase. Check them out. You could also try CigarSwag.com (the retail site for CP, purchase there and help support CP). For my money, a Blazer torch and a Palio cutter have worked very well for me.

Reputable products and supporting CP sounds like a no brainer! :thumbs:

I have to agree with going with the Palio. Great cutter IMHO. If you want a cheap lighter I would go with a Ronson. I have owned several butanes and the Ronson has outlasted most of them including colibri and xikar. They can be picked up at most Walgreens/Cvs for cheap.

I have to agree with going with the Palio. Great cutter IMHO. If you want a cheap lighter I would go with a Ronson. I have owned several butanes and the Ronson has outlasted most of them including colibri and xikar. They can be picked up at most Walgreens/Cvs for cheap.

I will second the advice of the Ronson. It is a great cheap lighter.

The benefits of having a Ronson is that you have a butane lighter to use for your cigars, and if it gets confiscated by TSA, you won't care because it only cost you a few bucks.

Cannot say much for the Ronson's beyond what I have heard but that has been nothing except how great of a price/performance ratio they have. Do not go with the Xikar lighters. I bought 9 for groomsmen, ushers, and myself and sadly to say they have been flops all over (using Xikar fluid only).

The Palio cutters also far surpass the Xikar cutter I used to have as well. Razor sharp and a strong cut.

I will second the advice of the Ronson. It is a great cheap lighter.

I stumbled across this thread and I'm glad I did. . . .after numerous Colibri's and even a Blazer that worked intermittently at best, the Ronson's have been steady eddie. . . and only $3 :0