• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Places to buy and/or smoke in Palm Springs CA

cuppajack

My wife and another couple are escaping the City for the weekend and heading to the desert for some relaxation and partying. I'm looking for a place to grab a couple of smokes while the ladies shop.

My google-foo turned up very little. I know there is a Tinderbox on the main drag, but I've never been in there. Can you smoke inside that particular tinderbox? Any cigar friendly bars?

Any place else I should hit up?

Any non-cigar related recommendations (other than lunch @ Shermans we don't have anything on the books.)

Cuppajack- There is an outdoor mall (I think it's called "Riverwalk") down Highway 111/Palm Canyon, past Cathedral City, before Rancho Mirage... It is a great outdoor mall for the ladies... lots of high-end sunglass places, specialty boutiques, etc, and a bunch of great places to eat, PF Changs, Yardhouse, etc...

Anyway, there is a Cohiba store in there that has a great humidor. The selection is top-notch, but be ready to pay out the nose... they also have some pre-embargo Cubanos as well... Neat store, but again, pricey. You can smoke in there, too...

The wife and I have a condo in Rancho Mirage, so when we go down there, this mall is one of our nightly stops...

Hope this helps. Have fun down there!

Regards,

BT

Got back from the desert last night and had a great time.

On the main darg there is a very ncely stocked Tinderbox. 3 vitolas of Opus even, though there was certainly a tourist tax on em. I think the 3 Robusto tins were $75. My big score there was some below MSRP Noellas and a whole mess of Cabaiguan Petites. I've never seen the Cab petites before, and in fact I thought they were a myth. So I was very excited to find them. The owner/operator was a very nice guy (Pete maybe?)

Then, all of three storefronts down, is another place called, as far as I could tell, simply "Cigars and Wine."
Huge walk-in with all the tourist brands. But well in the back was a couple of boxes of Pepin Centurions! I gleefully grabbed one (already WAY over budget) and started chatting with he guys running the place. I think they were very suprised to have a guy walk in who knew what he was talking about. We got to chatting about Pepin's output and evidently Pepin rolls their house-line (the name of which completely escapes me) and after a while the guy asks if I've tried the Serie JJ, I told him it was allright but I prefer the Cuban Classic line. Then he says, "but have you tried the Maduro? I've got a few back here..."

It was like Christmas, even with the tourist tax on the smokes!

Later that evening I enjoyed one of the Cab petites over ceaser salad and a porterhouse at L.G.s Steakhouse, a place I HIGHLY recommend!