• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

planned to have a smoke tonight...but

chewbacco

darkside looks appealing...
Alright...I know what you fools are going to say..."you're a wuss!!!"

I know, I know.

I was planning on having a smoke tonight, but as soon as I openned my door, a sh!tload of these weird green flies swarmed around my door.
There's a really bright light above my door.
I quickly shut my door and gave up :(

So. Cal is having such weird weather today...it was over 100 degrees today.
Right now, it's 82!

So, does anyone use Citronella candles to get rid of bugs?
Do they work?

Turn the bright light off maybe? :whistling:

Isn't tobacco smoke a pretty good bug deterrent in its own right?

I've got a screened in brezeway between my garage and house...NO bugs. :thumbs:

I could have delt with the bugs last night but I was not about to deal with the 20 - 35 mph wind.

Screen in porch is the way to go. And for those of you that have bug problems all summer, get one of those propane bug killer set-ups.

Very few bugs = one of the great things about Boise!

that's why I like smoking in my car.... ;)

The few times I smoke outside anymore are grilling or really really late at night.

Yah, Chewy...I got the same bug thing going on here in OC. But like to play the torch lighter game...just try to torch the bugs with the lighter as they fly by, it uses a lot of fluid, but it give you a sense of revenge! :)

-Fetter

Texas is great for smoking cigars during the day, sometimes it gets down to the mid 90s, but then there is the terrific wind gusts that come from a different direction everytime, its like a game guessing where the next one will come from!!! As far as bugs, I carry a baseball bat, its usually enough for the small ones. Humidity can be a little rough at times, you can pull a dry cigar out of the humidor and it will soggy by the time you get about half way through it.
In all seriousness, weather conditions can come close to ruining a good smoke, but sometimes you just got to tough it out and think about all the poor people with no cigars at all. :D :D :D

They sell light bulbs that don't attract bugs. I live in a lake community so I have them in all my outside lights. They work wonders compared to regular light bulbs. They are kind of yellow. Home Depot or Lowes has them.

But you are a wuss for not just smoking inside! :laugh:

atuck said:
They sell light bulbs that don't attract bugs. I live in a lake community so I have them in all my outside lights. They work wonders compared to regular light bulbs. They are kind of yellow. Home Depot or Lowes has them.

[snapback]231205[/snapback]​

You wouldn't believe what a Churchill can do to a one bedroom apartment! :laugh:

That is why you should always keep a flamethrower on hand. It makes a great centerpiece for your dining room table, eliminates bugs when necessary, and can be used to keep your kids in line when they misbehave. Just be careful about body hair though...

atuck said:

[snapback]231205[/snapback]​

I really need to buy alot of these. Do they look bad? I have a wrap around porch in the front of my house that I love to smoke on. I am not sure that the "kind of yellow" bulb would be appropriate for the front of the house. Sounds perfect for the back of the house on my deck.

For now, here is my strategy.

This may sound crazy, but I have found that it works everytime. I have a balcony on the top floor of the house in the front. When I smoke, I like it to be up there (quiet, peaceful, away from everyone). I turn on all the outside lights on the main level in the front to attract all the bugs there. The light on the balcony is smaller so the bugs prefer the larger lights below me and leave me alone. Works like a charm. I will have a couple of moths come and visit, but they are few and far between.

Castaway said:
Deet. :thumbs:
[snapback]231137[/snapback]​

Just don't get it on your hands, and thereby your cigar <blech, putie!> good way to ruin a good cigar.

BTDT