• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Please give me some sugestion

Isaac

Hi everyone!

I am new to this hobby, and I started about two months ago. I smoke mild cigar recently, such as 5 vegas gold, Indian Tabac Anniversary Limited Reserve, and Cu-Avana. I think that they are not bad but would like to try more different kinds.

Could you guys please give some suggestion? My budget is about $2 per stick. Thanks! :)

I'll give you a suggestion. Put your addy in your profile...good things tend to happen to newbies that do. :thumbs:

hrmm thats a rough budget but some of the lower priced sticks that i like are:
Mayorga High Octain (the regulars are good too) a coffie flavored brand thats resionably prices
Wolf Pack: A Straight No BS Dominican smoke
A Fuente Chateau: Sweet little number, about 3.50 a stick though.
Oliveros Gold: A Good Congnac Flavored Stick
RamRod: An ugly little Bourbon Flavored stick that’s actually quite tasty.

That’s about all i know that’s priced that low.

Cuba Aliados
Consuegra
Remedios
Matacan

JRCigars has lots of cigars in that price range but those are the ones I'd go with.

Do NOT buy Don Mateos, they're horrible. All the ones I ever bought were plugged and were unsmokeable.

I am finding that I like the Fuentes 858s, either maduro or natural, as a hold me over between my Anejo and Hemingway binges.

The candelas work too for an off beat mood! :laugh:

Mrepp said:
Mayorga High Octain (the regulars are good too) a coffie flavored brand thats resionably prices

[snapback]264354[/snapback]​

None of those are less than $2.00 per cigar though or very close to $2.00....

coventrycat86 said:
Mrepp said:

None of those are less than $2.00 per cigar though....
[snapback]264359[/snapback]​

Very true, but there very close, some people tend to flex with there budget if its close enough so I thought I would offer some names.

atuck said:
I am finding that I like the Fuentes 858s, either maduro or natural, as a hold me over between my Anejo and Hemingway binges.

The candelas work too for an off beat mood! :laugh:
[snapback]264358[/snapback]​

And those are $4.00 per cigar.

Just a thought but he said he's looking for cigars that are around $2.00 each so how about we stick to that?

Thank you guys!

I will shop around. Forget to say, my RP connecticut sampler is coming today.

Is H. Upmann Cristale No. 36 a good mild-mid cigar?
I saw it at JR weekly deal.

Mrepp said:
coventrycat86 said:
Mrepp said:

Very true, but there very close, some people tend to flex with there budget if its close enough so I thought I would offer some names.
[snapback]264361[/snapback]​
Yep, some of the smaller sizes of a those are "close enough for Government work" to $2.00 :laugh: as the expression goes :laugh: :thumbs: . I've never heard of those "Wolf Pack" ones. Where do you get those or do you know who makes them?

Oh, I'm pretty syre the Mayorga "High Octane" aren't the coffee infused ones. I prefer the regular Mayorgas over the "High Octane" but I've never tried their coffee infused line.

Isaac, I sent you a PM. I have a bunch of cheap, fairly mild cigars in my humidor. I could put together a great sampler for you if you'd like at a great price.

coventrycat86 said:
Mrepp said:
coventrycat86 said:
Mrepp said:

[snapback]264361[/snapback]​
Yep, some of the smaller sizes of a those are "close enough for Government work" to $2.00 :laugh: as the expression goes :laugh: :thumbs: . I've never heard of those "Wolf Pack" ones. Where do you get those or do you know who makes them?
[snapback]264367[/snapback]​

Wolf Pack 20 stick @ $35 Delivered
http://www.factorydirectcigars.com/index.c...roduct_ID=10191

RAMROD 25 Packs of 2 @ 47.25 Delivered
http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=cig...FTOKEN=24228989

Oliveros Gold BDL OF 20 @ 55 Delivered
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDis...t=Oliveros+Gold

Take your pick at Mayorga, Multiple Boxes of 20 for under 55 Delivered. On JR
http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=cigars

I suppose your correct though, at a shop they would be 4$ sticks, but in boxes/bundles there cheaper.

Pretty good deals. :thumbs: Oh Wolf Pack is a particular "Lone Wolf" cigar. I have heard of those but I didn't recognize that particular model. I'm not a big Lone Wolf fan.....

They're "out of stock" though ;) Will the price change when they come back in stock? :p :laugh:

only the Robusto's are out of stick ;) , the rest are priced right :) . Your a goofy guy CC but I like ya.

A cheap cigar me and a few friends have leaned on in times of need was the Drew Estate La Vieja Habana....good sandwhich filler smoke for around 2 dolalrs a stick....thats just my $.02

Isaac said:
Hi everyone!

I am new to this hobby, and I started about two months ago. I smoke mild cigar recently, such as 5 vegas gold, Indian Tabac Anniversary Limited Reserve, and Cu-Avana. I think that they are not bad but would like to try more different kinds.

Could you guys please give some suggestion? My budget is about $2 per stick. Thanks! :)
[snapback]264348[/snapback]​

I suggest following this thread for excellent info:
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=16502
golfgar is running a blind taste test of $1 cigars along with the pass. once all the reviews are in, you should be able to find some excellent values! he has already revealed a couple names(at least one of em is available at jr cigars), so if youre diligent, you can get a head start.

good luck!

Back