• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Please Light One in His Honor!

benjiev

"The Honorable"
Yesterday afternoon my 80 year old father passed away after a 6 week battle with MRSA. This is a devastating blood infection that is resistant to first line antibiotics and causes multiple organ failure. Over the last 6 weeks we have sat wtih my Dad and spent long hours in the ICU waiting room with family members trying to give as much support to my mother as possible.

As much as one tries to prepare for a situation like this (explaining to your kids, gathering extended family etc.) it still can and is very overwelming.

Fortunately, the hospital provides free internet access throughout the building. I can only tell you that a good reason I haven't gone totally insane was this website and keeping up on all that goes on day to day.

While my father never smoked cigars he loved and encouraged my hobby. Gifts from him always revovled around cigar gadgetry or cigars. During our annual year end trip to Maui, Hawaii he would sit with me and we would talk and pass the afternoons away, me smoking a cigar and the both of us sipping on some drink from the pool bar. Those are some of the memories I that I will always cherish the most.

So in honor of my dad I am asking that you all light up a smoke today, sit back with a good drink of your choice and just enjoy the moment!

BenjieV ;)

Our prayers and sympathy go out to you.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Sorry to hear of your loss. :(

Hang on to those memories.

My thoughts are with your family...

Benji, sorry to hear the sad news and I will definitely light one up in your dads honor. Keep those great memories of you and your dad as we all do. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, God Speed.

One of my best will go up in smoke in honor of your father. R.I.P.

It's good that you were close to your dad.A Casa Fuente in memory of your dad tonight. RIP!

Sorry for your loss, will do one in his honor tonight.

Sorry for your loss. I will certainly fire one up in his honor.

My thoughts and prayers are with you nd your family.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Very sorry for your loss. I too will light up tonight in his honor.

Fish

I am sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in my family's prayers. I will certainly have one in his honor.

Nate

Very sorry for your loss. I will fire up one of my best with a toast to him.

benjiev - my most sincere sympathy to you and your family on your loss. I lost my Dad a few years ago to Lou Gehrig's disease and know very well there's no good way to lose your best friend. I can only offer my understanding and good thoughts sent your way.

An Anejo and a great beverage tonight, in honor of your Dad.

The very best regards - B.B.S.

Benji,
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my father a few years ago and it sucks. Of all the cliches available, I think the most useful one is to remember the good times.

My sympathy and best wishes to you and your family. I will indeed light up a nice cigar tonight.

Brian

Sorry to hear that Benjiev. I went through the same thing w/ my grandfather. My condolences and prayers go out to your family.

God bless you brother, I’m so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in our prayers.