• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Please send prayers/thoughts to these families

Anthony

Advertising Space -- Available Here
[font="Verdana][size="2"]11 days ago, I arrived at work a little before my 11pm shift and I saw my friend and coworker Bill walking toward me - clearly something wrong from his expression. He stopped me and gave me some really shocking news. Two nurses that we both knew and worked with had just been in a very serious car accident. [/size][/font]
[font="Verdana] [/font]
[font="Verdana][size="2"]The one nurse, Tristan had been doing a travel RN assignment down in North Carolina and had just finished his contract there. His girlfriend Brooke, also a nurse, flew down there to make the drive back up to NY state with him before the holidays. On the way back they were apparently driving to the beach, where Tristan was planning to give Brooke a ring and propose to her. [/size][/font]
[font="Verdana] [/font]
[font="Verdana][size="2"]For unknown reason, according to witnesses the car sped up and crossed the center line where they entered the path of an oncoming van, causing a head-on collision. Tristan was airlifted from the scene and died a short time later at the hospital. Brooke was transported from the scene to the closest hospital and then airlifted to the trauma center in critical condition. She was kept on life support until her family arrived down there the next day. She was then taken to surgery where she was able to donate her organs to help five other people, and she too passed away. [/size][/font]
[font="Verdana] [/font]
[font="Verdana][size="2"]These were two of my friends, and literally two of the nicest and best souls I have ever worked with. They were also a perfect couple and loved each other greatly. Both of them started out as Patient Care Technicians with me in the Emergency Dept (I actually did Brooke's training when she was brand new), and both then went on to earn Bachelors' degrees in Nursing. Tristan worked for a while at our hospital before doing some travel nursing. Brooke stayed at our hospital as a Nurse, working on the telemetry unit and the Emergency Dept. [/size][/font]
[font="Verdana] [/font]
[font="Verdana][size="2"]It has been such a difficult time for our workplace, as they both had such great personalitites, they were known and loved throughout the hospital. To go to two wakes and two funerals in one week - for one friend a couple years younger than me, and one just a couple of years older - was absolutely heartbreaking to me. It has been so hard to say goodbye to both of them, but it has also been inspiring to hear from all of the people whose lives they touched in so many ways. [/size][/font]
[font="Verdana] [/font]
[font="Verdana][size="2"]As was said at the memorial service, theirs is now truly a "Marriage made in Heaven."[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana] [/font]
[font="Verdana][size="2"]To make this tragedy even worse, 2 people were killed in the other vehicle as well. A young man and his one year old daughter died as a result of their injuries, and the wife/mother is in stable but poor condition from what I understand. [/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size=2]
[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana][size="2"]The only possible cause we can attribute this to right now is that Tristan possibly had a seizure, as he did have a history of epilepsy (that was under control for years). The stress and anxiety of the upcoming proposal that day may have triggered a seizure. [/size][/font]
[font="Verdana] [/font]
[font="Verdana][size="2"]Sorry for the long post, but if you've read it - please take a moment to say a prayer for all of these families as we head into this Holiday. Thanks. [/size][/font]

That's such a tragic story. My thoughts are with you and those left behind.