• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

POLL: What is your primary cigar cutting method?

What do you use the majority of the time?

• Straight/Guillotine Cut

• Punch Cut

• V-Cut

• Scissors

Results are only viewable after voting.

xyz123

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Reaction score
Pretty straightforward. If you haven't yet, please vote before reading any posts below. I have the poll set to not show who voted how. It's also single-choice only so we can see what's used the majority of the time.

Obviously some people are going to use different cuts for different reasons (i.e.; using straight cut on torps vs a punch).

Last, feel free to discuss why your preference is what it is and how you came to it.

Thanks for participating! 👍

Maybe add an option of some combination of the above? I use a guillotine about 70% of the time and probably punch 25% and V cut 5%

Maybe add an option of some combination of the above? I use a guillotine about 70% of the time and probably punch 25% and V cut 5%

I thought about that.. including adding "other", "biting", and other goofy stuff. But like I wrote, I wanted it to be the primary or majority of the time. I figured most of us use a different cut sometimes, but am looking for the main "go-to".

I also figured anything not as a poll option would be mentioned in posts.

Another one I considered adding.. do you use that for the majority of your sticks?
No.... I use the large gauge punch, strait and v in nearly equal amounts.

I never use, small punches, biting, stabby sticks, or shuriken cutters.

Punch everything except figurados. They get cut on an angle.

Been using my V cutter more lately. Use a guillotine for a long time but it feels like i get a better smoke with the V

Currently using a guillotine cutter. I really like v-cutters, but unfortunately I've broken all the ones that I have. This thread reminded me that I need to try to see if I can get a replacement from Xicar. I requested a RMA, but not heard back from them yet...

I need to try to see if I can get a replacement from Xicar. I requested a RMA, but not heard back from them yet...

I'm in same boat over a triple torch. Took day and a half to get RMA after filling out warranty form. I imagine you'll hear something today or tomorrow.. I've done this 2 other times over the years and they've always took care of me. 👍

Screenshot_20220719-070717_Outlook.jpg