• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pontiac R.I.P.

cajunblaze

If you don't know, I am a manager at a 6 point dealership.( Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep)

We we're just notified to hold all Pontiac deals.

R.I.P.

Rich

I'm really sorry to hear that.
Try to stay positive...things will get better.

I wouldn't bet the farm in it, it's looking bleak for US automakers, unfortunately...

Don't get me wrong, we only kept three or four in stock. You can only do the best you can do, and believe you can. We are a smaller dealership than most and are doing ok. Thanks to used cars!

Rich

Over the years Pontiac has had some great cars. In my younger days it was all about what was new and trendy. As I get older, I seem to prefer familiar things and Pontiac was certainly familiar. I am a little sad it will be going away. Same with Oldsmobile a few years back.

I bought a one year old Pontiac Grand Am a few years back when I wasn't doing so well. I had lost everything in a break up with a long time fiance. The 3.4 V6 had great power, I got 30 plus mpg on the highway, it was dirt cheap and ran like a top. It wasn't a BMW, but it was a nice car just the same.

My wife now owns an 07 Grand Prix. It has 3.8 V6 that gets well over 30 mpg on the highway, has 200 h.p., looks sporty enough to keep her happy and I paid just over $11,000 for it with 10,000 miles. It was only a year old. It has been a good car.

R.I.P. Pontiac and the jobs that will go with it.

It's a shame Pontiac couldn't drop GM.

Can someone explain to me why they don't drop the 'GM' brand instead? The GM line is nothing but redundant. If they drop Pontiac, that only leaves the Chevrolet brand to attract younger buyers, while they have GM, Buick & Cadillac all catering to an older crowd. I am not wise in the auto industry, but that just seems foolish to me.

My first car, back in high school, was a '67 GTO. Man, I loved that beast. :love:

Sad part is giving them the axe probably still won't save GM.

~Boar

Pontiac was my first car too, 1976 Grand Prix.

Their nicest car was coming from Oz anyway............

Any official word on Saturn??? I thoght Saturn would go before Pontiac....

I'm a big Saturn fan. Not the most "cool" looking cars, but they sure are smart cars, especially for a first car. As long as I can get them, I'll be a Saturn buyer.

I had a Pontiac G6 GT and I LOVED that car! Everytime I see the G8 GT I wish I had the money to afford one because IMO they are fantastic looking machines. I'm sad to hear that they are getting the axe, but to be honest, when I have the money, I'll probably buy a used G8.

To be honest, we have heard alot about Saturn. Our biggest local dealer within a 2 hour drive has terminated his contract with Saturn. We have seen a rise in Saturn trades. I am almost sure Saturn has seen its last days.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Rich

I hate to see all the people who are indirectly involved being hurt. American car manufacturers have been making an inferior product for decades and surviving on the brow-beating philosphy of "buy American". Now, millions of people who had zero responsibility in it all are going to suffer. It's sad :(

To be honest, we have heard alot about Saturn. Our biggest local dealer within a 2 hour drive has terminated his contract with Saturn. We have seen a rise in Saturn trades. I am almost sure Saturn has seen its last days.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Rich

Thanks for the info Rich. Have you guys seen a lot of SC2's coming and going?

I purchased mine in 04, and has treated me very well. It's suprising that more people don't drive them, but again, they weren't marketed properly and do lag in the design. :(

Best of luck Rich. Glad to hear you guys are doing okay with this economy. If you guys can withstand this..you can withstand almost anything the economy throws at you guys. :thumbs:

I have always had a Pontiac. I started with a '65 GTO, to a Gran Prix to a Trans Am to a Grand Am to my current '71 LeMans. I'll always have a Poncho in the garage.

A sad day indeed, they made awesome cars before they started phasing out the old models (I wasn't a fan of the "G" series cars). I've had a sunfire, sunbird, grand am, and currently own a grand prix. My '01 Grand Am GT was probably my favorite, awesome power and handling for a relatively inexpensive car, I knew and used every inch of that car! The Grand Prix we have now is a great family car, it has so many neat little feature that other cars don't (like doors that open a full 45 degrees and a full back seat drop down into the trunk), but still has bigger balls and power than a lot of others in it's class.