• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pontiac R.I.P.

I read an op-ed piece recently that said GM wasn't really in the car business, and hadn't been for nearly 30 years---that when you looked at their history, they were really in the restructuring business, since they kept doing that over and over trying to stay afloat.

Kind of sad, really. Detroit in general has spent a lot money on "Buy American" advertising, and flash/retro sheet metal skin on substandard product, instead of on . . . oh, I dunno. Industrial robots, higher build standards, better mpg? Things that might've actually saved them?

It's horrible that they're taking so many good, honest, hard-working Americans---and communities---down with them, but in the final evaluation, I feel like they've become dinosaurs. Time to lay down in the tar pits and fossilize.

What does it say about them, after all, that when most people talk about their cars, they talk about ones they made 30 years ago?

~Boar