• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Poor Mans Cigars?

http://www.oregon.gov/ODVA/BENEFITS/statebenefits.shtml

Benefits for Veterans by the State of Oregon. If you wasn't aware of it already.

Thanks for that Mr Peat,

I have the permenant plates, hunting licence, and once had the park permit but I need to reaply for it. there are a couple items I was unaware of. so thank you!

Scott

Moe,

Plain and simple I am looking for advice and knowledge.

the Drew Estate rep might have a line or seconds line that he can turn me on to that is more affordable, I know that I like all the drew estate cigars that I have tried so far. Better to ask the source right?

In the other thread, I was telling people about myself and asking for advice on cigars that might be affordable to my individual budget and not taste like crap.

I was very thankfull that one of the members sent me a PM explaining some of the past problems with other people. He explaind the mooch issue and was realy interested in finding out more about me. I realy appreciated what He had to say and went in to action to make my position known.

I understand that some of you get tired of Noobs making Noobie mistakes... Get over it and lend a helpfull hand instead of turning up your nose like a snob, you were a noob once yourself.

I also belive that from my point of view there are some people in here that are very jaded in their opinions, and mabey with good reason but why not handle your concerns with a friendly PM and talk one on one with the individual and voice your concerns. remember that old saying about flies and honey?

I hope that this clears up your concerns, if it does not please feel free to either ask more questions or pm me or ignore me if that is your choice. I am here to learn, grow, and chat and I hope that everyone else is to.

Scott, to the first bolded part: That isn't the best way to handle it, telling people they have to help. For the record, I still consider myself a noob.

The second bolded part: Handling things by PM works for some things, but not all. If a real mooch or scam artist came to the board and was only approached by PM, they would still be able to take advantage of the CP membership. By handling things out in the open, everyone can make the call themselves and maybe someone gets saved a headache.

Like I said, I hope my first reaction was wrong and you will be a long-contributing member. Regardless, I thank you for your service.

Moe,

the Drew Estate rep might have a line or seconds line that he can turn me on to that is more affordable, I know that I like all the drew estate cigars that I have tried so far. Better to ask the source right?

In the other thread, I was telling people about myself and asking for advice on cigars that might be affordable to my individual budget and not taste like crap.

I was very thankfull that one of the members sent me a PM explaining some of the past problems with other people. He explaind the mooch issue and was realy interested in finding out more about me. I realy appreciated what He had to say and went in to action to make my position known.

I understand that some of you get tired of Noobs making Noobie mistakes... Get over it and lend a helpfull hand instead of turning up your nose like a snob, you were a noob once yourself.

I also belive that from my point of view there are some people in here that are very jaded in their opinions, and mabey with good reason but why not handle your concerns with a friendly PM and talk one on one with the individual and voice your concerns. remember that old saying about flies and honey?

I hope that this clears up your concerns, if it does not please feel free to either ask more questions or pm me or ignore me if that is your choice. I am here to learn, grow, and chat and I hope that everyone else is to.

Pretty sure Bruce told ya to drop the shields Poor Puffy... Things are done here the way they're done here for a reason. I am a newbie still, and I respect those who have come before me.

There seems to be an influx of newbies again who don't like the way things are done here, thinking the FOGs are being too "harsh" or overbearing, and simply want to bitch and moan about how the forum is run. I seem to remember the last time this wave of criticism erupted, it resulted in quite a few people getting screwed over. Search for "anejos" and you'll find what I mean. I'm just starting to get frustrated, but I guess it's hard to pull somebody out of a car that's rolling off of a cliff if they insist on staying in to listen to the newest single on the radio.

Food for thought for any of my newer brothers who are reading this...

Yes I think I got a bit wrapped up in my frustrations, Sorry about that.

I did do a search for anejo and found the scumbag list and was reading through there and found someone referancing the OR Anejo Debacle, but couldent find it anywhere else, however I see that there have been a lot of shady jerks ripping people off and that realy sucks. Thanks for the guidance.

I have had the oppertunity to chat with a couple members and am realy enjoying the knowledge I am gaining. I think I need to buy a little black book to keep track of all the wonderful suggestions.

Well I am off to the college to try out the 10yr old gamble of a cigar I got. Hopefully it comes out better than everyone else is telling me it will.

Souldog keep the pointers coming bro!

Scott

Moe,

Pretty sure Bruce told ya to drop the shields Poor Puffy... Things are done here the way they're done here for a reason. I am a newbie still, and I respect those who have come before me.

There seems to be an influx of newbies again who don't like the way things are done here, thinking the FOGs are being too "harsh" or overbearing, and simply want to bitch and moan about how the forum is run. I seem to remember the last time this wave of criticism erupted, it resulted in quite a few people getting screwed over. Search for "anejos" and you'll find what I mean. I'm just starting to get frustrated, but I guess it's hard to pull somebody out of a car that's rolling off of a cliff if they insist on staying in to listen to the newest single on the radio.

Food for thought for any of my newer brothers who are reading this...

Good to see someone who can take constructive criticism, and admit their errors without a cheap shot. I mean that. I'd like to see you stick around bud, we need as many veterans here as we can get.

Loren, as always, good to see you spreading your experience to those who can use it. :thumbs:

To Poor Puffy, tell you what: send me your addy. I'll send you some nice everyday smokes you can try, nothing fancy or expensive, just good solid smokes.

Nice to see a well received thread of constructive criticism, especially in the wake of some of the stuff that has happened on here recently. Hope you stick around, Poor(Rogue)Puffer!

Nice to see a well received thread of constructive criticism, especially in the wake of some of the stuff that has happened on here recently. Hope you stick around, Poor(Rogue)Puffer!

For some former members which made history, research GameLover2004 , Excalibur aka VanillaGorilla and Purobrat.

Stick around RoguePuffer, the road here isn't always so rocky.

???

Former members which made history, research GameLover2004 , Excalibur aka VanillaGorilla and Purobrat.

Stick around RoguePuffer, the road here isn't always so rocky.

Did I say something wrong? Wasn't my intention if I did, just stating he seems to be taking constructive criticism better than some have in the recent past.

We good. :thumbs: I was referencing that it wasn't recent events, it was previous issues here on CP,

Miles,

Thanks for the direction there, Wow you have realy had some idiots to deal with here in the past.

Well it has been a windy day here which is unusual for this area, usualy only when a storm comes in, but it was not raining so I took that old cigar to the college and enjoyed it, it wasnt fantastic or even really good, but it wasnt bad or nasty so I enjoyed the smoke for an 1hr 20min it was a 7in torpedo.

The best part of smoking the Cigar in the quad at the college was that I found out that another buddy I met through the VA that goes to school with me is a cigar man! so we are going to get togeather sometime soon and share some sticks at his house, he said his wife manages to pick out some nice cigars for him and he has a couple he has been saving just for a special ocasion to share.. Lucky me! I told him I was going to try to find some curlyheads for us to try togeather since I have had 5 people seperatly suggest them as an economy smoke.

Whoa talk about coming in late....When i first seen this thread i thought it would be an opt to make a few jokes at MoeCizlak cause we had a spoke on the subject of bricks to the head in a other thread but as i read all of the post i realized this was deep. So i will tell myself...STFU

Whoa talk about coming in late....When i first seen this thread i thought it would be an opt to make a few jokes at MoeCizlak cause we had a spoke on the subject of bricks to the head in a other thread but as i read all of the post i realized this was deep. So i will tell myself...STFU

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look like?

Greetings everyone,

I am a 32 yr old disabled veteran living in Southern Oregon. After all my injuries in the military, I am limited physicaly in my hobbies. I can still shoot at the range, ride my motorcycle, and fish. this year I rediscovered my love of cigars and combining them with my hobbies. I have indulged in some Drew Estate selections all singles and enjoyed them all. However living on my disability and supporting my family, I cannot afford to buy the nice cigars I would like to purchase, and have no clue what I do or dont like in cigars because I dont want to waste money buying random cigars just to guess. I do not like harsh cigars or that realy heavy spicy flavor. if anyone has any suggestions for inexpensive smokes or realy good lower line daily smokes please let me know. Its realy just one of my few relaxing releases and I would like to be able to enjoy it.

Scott
Try the Indian Tabac Cameroon Legend. They run for around $2-3 a stick. They're easy on the palate and not spicy
. A solid, medium-bodied, smooth stogie. I think you'd enjoy it.

Loren, as always, good to see you spreading your experience to those who can use it. :thumbs:

I try to pass the information I know a long. I wished I was given all I know from other Veteran's at the time. I've learned by educating myself about the VA System. They have some wonderful programs that they just don't inform Veterans about. Like the time I was put off work for 4 months by the VA, I had no idea how I was going to pay my rent or buy food. I found out about the little programs by researching. It wasn't my vault that the VA out me out of work for 4 months. During that time frame, I would be about 2 weeks out of a month at the VA Hospital doing testing and what not. It was the longest 4 months of my life.

After 13 years dealing with the VA. I've had to fight, scratch, claw, rape and pillage my way to where I am at now within this messed up system. But its the only Medical care I can get so I make the best of it. I try to pass my knowledge on to others. One would be amazed at how many Veterans have given up what they have earned through the VA because they was denied. I say fight for what you earned by serving your country. We was willing to give our life for our country yet many will simply roll over and play dead because the VA denied their claim. I say F*** that crap. Fight for what you've earned.

Greetings everyone,

I am a 32 yr old disabled veteran living in Southern Oregon. After all my injuries in the military, I am limited physicaly in my hobbies. I can still shoot at the range, ride my motorcycle, and fish. this year I rediscovered my love of cigars and combining them with my hobbies. I have indulged in some Drew Estate selections all singles and enjoyed them all. However living on my disability and supporting my family, I cannot afford to buy the nice cigars I would like to purchase, and have no clue what I do or dont like in cigars because I dont want to waste money buying random cigars just to guess. I do not like harsh cigars or that realy heavy spicy flavor. if anyone has any suggestions for inexpensive smokes or realy good lower line daily smokes please let me know. Its realy just one of my few relaxing releases and I would like to be able to enjoy it.

Scott
Try the Indian Tabac Cameroon Legend. They run for around $2-3 a stick. They're easy on the palate and not spicy
. A solid, medium-bodied, smooth stogie. I think you'd enjoy it.

Great Yesi,
I looked at cigarbid and it looks like the robusto grande maduros are at 34.00 for 25 plus the 6.00 shipping. I will try to see if the local shop carries them so I can try a stick before buying a bundle. I am also going to try to find a curly head as many other have suggested those as well. I realy need to make a little black book of suggestions to take to the smoke shop and see if they carry any of them in single sticks to try.

If anyone on here knows a seller that has a couple of thease economy smokes that could sell me say a 5 pack sampler that might work out realy well. But I still have to wait till the 1st of the month b4 I do anything. I guess i need to have a yard sale ;)

I try to pass the information I know a long. I wished I was given all I know from other Veteran's at the time. I've learned by educating myself about the VA System. They have some wonderful programs that they just don't inform Veterans about. Like the time I was put off work for 4 months by the VA, I had no idea how I was going to pay my rent or buy food. I found out about the little programs by researching. It wasn't my vault that the VA out me out of work for 4 months. During that time frame, I would be about 2 weeks out of a month at the VA Hospital doing testing and what not. It was the longest 4 months of my life.

After 13 years dealing with the VA. I've had to fight, scratch, claw, rape and pillage my way to where I am at now within this messed up system. But its the only Medical care I can get so I make the best of it. I try to pass my knowledge on to others. One would be amazed at how many Veterans have given up what they have earned through the VA because they was denied. I say fight for what you earned by serving your country. We was willing to give our life for our country yet many will simply roll over and play dead because the VA denied their claim. I say F*** that crap. Fight for what you've earned.

Mr. Peat you and I both know that the system SUCKS, its only the realy nice people that you find working here and there in the VA that keeps your hopes up. I just found out two weeks ago that both my Doc and Nurse moved over to inpatient and I have a new Doc and Nurse that I have never met. I was so pissed off :angry: because I had the best team I could have asked for. they tended to my needs, reminded me insecantly of my appointments (memory issues) and made sure all my labs were regularly up to date as well as my meds. Its like starting all over again :(

I did everything myself having to do with my claim and I was total and temporary for 5 years of arguing befor ending up in a psych ward on suicide watch before they listened to the head Psychatrist that said the exact same thing as my regular Psych had been saying the prior 5 years "this veteran is never going to get better and will require medication for the rest of his life, if anything he will deteriorate over time" then all the sudden a month after being released I recived a total and permenant letter and was able to get ChampVA for my family... I sure could have used it for the 5 years prior... Arseholes

Unfortunatly PP, I've seen your story repeated with other disabled veteran friends of mine. Considering some people are pushing hard for similar service for all Americans (nationalized health care), I'm not very encouraged.

Edited to make it less political IAW CP rules.

Sweet! This morning I looked in my night stand drawer and found a small dark brown leatherish bound notebook that I bought for something and never used. It even looks like a dark rich oily tobacco leaf! Ok so here is what I have in it so far to look for at the smoke shop on the economy cigar side.

padron x000's series
devils weed
punch rothschild maduro
indian tabac cameroon ledgend
A. Fuente Curly Head

I am going to the cigar shop today and I will write down all the lesser priced cigars that I find not on this list and post them, that way people can suggest based on what is actually available localy untill I start ordering online.

So toss me some more suggestions to add to the book.

Ooh a bonus I just noticed the little notebook has a small envelope on the last page for like buisness card or something... I can put my rings that I enjoyed in there!

Like others have said the Padron are great inexpensice cigars as well as the Brickhouse line.