• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pop-Up Blocker

EdGar

SUPERIOR MEMBER
I signed on to CP a few minutes ago and noticed that my pop-up blocker blasted a message. {sorry benjiev, I wasn't being a dick, I didn't get the message}
Is there any way to be more selective on the blocked pop-ups or do just have to pay more attention.

Personally, I use Google's pop-up blocker via their toolbar. Then, allow pop-ups on Cigarpass.com's site.

ps.. also I run AdAware every few days to keep the trolls out. :thumbs:

Use Googles popup blocker.

Just go to the New messages and click it. The message will still be there. The blocker just won't let a new window open.

NA

I use the browser Mozilla, and it's blocker is integrated and very easy to use. If you haven't tried the browser before, I'd highly recommend it, mainly to have the ability to open an unlimited amount of webpages in a single browser. It's definately handy and functional for forums anyhow.

http://www.mozilla.org/

I never have a problem with pop-ups when I use my old computer which runs Windows98.

BUT when I use my newer computer (running WindowsXP), I've been getting ridiculous amounts of pop ups. DaveWF had recommended I go with Google's blocker but I get tons of pop ups with CigarPass.

I've tried running all kinds of pop up blockers, AdWare, SpyHunter which don't seem to do much to slow the pop ups down.

Call me crazy but I think Bill Gates is in cohoots with these scumbags because again, I never had this problem with any computer running Windows98.

Another great Windows "Improvement" what a crock :angry:

Coventry, m'boy, sounds as if you have adware. :(

Two things you need, Spybot and Ad-aware. Between those two nothing gets by. Both free, and very very useful.

Spybot and Ad-aware

Just keep them both updated, and run them whenever you have the time.