• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Popped my cherry!

So I was gifted a Cohiba Robusto from an awesome BOTL this past winter and I finally decided to light it up. It was such a nice evening here, the wife was gone so I went out on the patio turned on the baseball game and enjoyed one of the very best cigars my newbie butt has ever had.

I know it's chic to fawn over ISOMs, but one word came to mind while smoking it and that word is "smooth". I am jealous of you folks who have regular access to these fine fine cigars. :thumbs:

So I was gifted a Cohiba Robusto from an awesome BOTL this past winter and I finally decided to light it up. It was such a nice evening here, the wife was gone so I went out on the patio turned on the baseball game and enjoyed one of the very best cigars my newbie butt has ever had.

I know it's chic to fawn over ISOMs, but one word came to mind while smoking it and that word is "smooth". I am jealous of you folks who have regular access to these fine fine cigars. :thumbs:

I understand the thrust of your post was to illustrate how much you enjoyed the CoRo - and I'm glad you found another cigar you like - but I can't resist...

It isn't "chic to fawn over ISOMs", at least not IMO. This isn't some hip new thing. Quite the opposite, in fact: Cuban tobacco and cigars have been enjoyed and recommended for, quite literally, 100's of years. As I said above, I'm pleased you've discovered one aspect of the world of ISOM's but don't for a minute think it's some fad.

- Tim

I understand the thrust of your post was to illustrate how much you enjoyed the CoRo - and I'm glad you found another cigar you like - but I can't resist...

It isn't "chic to fawn over ISOMs", at least not IMO. This isn't some hip new thing. Quite the opposite, in fact: Cuban tobacco and cigars have been enjoyed and recommended for, quite literally, 100's of years. As I said above, I'm pleased you've discovered one aspect of the world of ISOM's but don't for a minute think it's some fad.

- Tim

I love you Tim, in a straight man-love kind of way. I gotta agree, as there is a whole culture of people built around the "fad" of isoms... :rolleyes:

PS- "Uh sir...sir?? SIR!! Yeah, those are our pizzas. We all actually paid for them... They're not part of the event, okay?"
"Oh?"
"Yeah..."
(takes another slice of pizza)
(Tim's head explodes.)
/endscene.

:sign:

Poor choice of words perhaps on my part. I most definitely did not mean to imply the enjoyment of ISOM's is some sort of 'new' thing to experienced cigar connoisseurs.

Well depending on where you are in ND and if you have the time, you could always make a trip up here to Winnipeg. The selection may not be as great as other bigger cities, and the prices may not be as low as they are in Cuba, but they are available here. If you plan to make a trip up here drop me a line ahead of time and I'll do my best to make myself available, and probably torch an ISOM or two with a fellow BOTL.

PS- "Uh sir...sir?? SIR!! Yeah, those are our pizzas. We all actually paid for them... They're not part of the event, okay?"
"Oh?"
"Yeah..."
(takes another slice of pizza)
(Tim's head explodes.)
/endscene.

:sign:

The man was eating our dinner. Was I supposed to get him a fucking napkin and a glass of water? :p
With any luck, I caused him some psychic trauma that resulted in his permanently feeling a sense of apprehension around opened pizza boxes...

- Tim

Meh, give me a Padrón instead any day of the week.

Yep, good to be Australian.

I hear taxes are pretty brutal when it comes to cigars down under! Still, I'd definitely rather have them be legal.

Well, Import Duty is around $308 AUD per kg, so I pay roughly $80 for a box of Robustos. Good thing about importing is the cigars can sneak through customs sometimes, and I don't have to pay a 300 % markup that my B&M puts on the import price.

So, good if you know where to get em.

Haha if you liked the coro, just wait till you try other isoms. if it wasn't so late.ide be smoking an 00 rascc.