• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Popping the review cherry

wkoti

Flaky McFlakerton
So I figured it was finally time to pop my review cherry since I got my new camera. I decided to smoke a widely known favorite so I could be corrected on my noobness. :laugh:

Fuente Fuente Opus X Super Belicoso

Prelight Smell - It hard a nice earthy smell to it, with a nice hint of Dark Chocolate
Prelight Draw - Dark Chocolate taste with a nice easy draw

1/3 - The cigar was dragging absolutely perfect with ample amounts of smoke. It had a very nice earthy taste with smooth nutmeg hints. I swear I tasted a little raisin as I got into it a little. The burn became a little uneven and burn more up one side of the stick, but had a razor sharp burn. The smoke was appetizingly sweet smelling, with hints of cocoa and cinnamon.

2/3 - The burn began to burn around the stick making it even out little by little. It continued to taste earthy, but I was giving off a new hint of cinnamon which was absolutely welcome and tied in well with the hints of cocoa. It stayed fairly the same with the earthiness and small hints of cinnamon and cocoa.

3/3 - Nutmeg was predominate in this portion, kicking the earthiness out of the equation. I was getting plumes of smoke of this almost nub. It had stronger hints of cocoa, with a new taste of powdered sugar. As it got closer and closer to finishing the nutmeg was replaced by bitter sweet chocolate which was just love. It finished with a strong flavor of dark chocolate and began to be to good to put down. After melting my finger prints off I decided it was time to put this beauty to rest.

What a great smoke, I'm glad we have a few more of these for a rainy day!!!
100_1961.jpg

100_1958.jpg

100_1962.jpg

100_1960.jpg

100_1965.jpg

100_1975.jpg

100_1985.jpg

100_1986.jpg

100_1989.jpg

100_1996.jpg

Aside from the uneven burn, it looked like a pretty amazing stick. I'm looking forward to the right time to light up my first Opus.

Bummer about the burn. Did you buy this stick at a local shop? Glad you enjoyed the smoke. You may want to see DevilDoc about a prescription for the Gustatory Hallucinations, he has some good meds. I suffer from it too and with Doc's help, I have it under control. :thumbs: :laugh:

Those are some serious close ups! :D I'm not sure if I've ever smoked a No. 2, would have to check my list, however I do have one or two somewhere in the humis. Good first review!

Doc, are you willing to share a little something with me? I did get it from a local here, but the burn may have partly been my fault. This new camera is amazing, I'm getting pictures at 3648 × 2736 pixels, with a 4:3 ratio. This camera could even make my ugly ass look decent :laugh: But now that the cherry has been popped I guess I'll try another one with something a little more unknown. :D Thank you guys

WKOTI

Very nice first review. I can never get flavours like that out of a cigar. I have a lousy sense of taste, probably because I've killed my taste buds with some seriously spicey foods and wayyyyyy too many hot peppers and dashes of hot sauce.

That was a horrible burn. How long was that in your humi and at what RH?

I believe I had it in my humidor for a couple weeks before taking a crack at, my humidor stays at 64% and 64 F. I am a noob so I can't say my palate is advanced in any way, but I have never drank or smoke before so I would say it's sensitive. But Par 3 believes I just wanted a doughnut while smoking this stick. :laugh:

Thanks for the review :thumbs: Glad you enjoyed it so much! That looks like a Super Belicoso (could just be the camera angles and/or my poor eyesight :laugh: ) which for some reason, have been notorious for having burn issues.

Nice first review wkoti! I'm looking forward to future ones. Your chef training probably helps with your palete for smoking as well. Well done.

Azoetia I'm glad you pointed that out, I actually miss labeled this and it was in fact a Super Belicoso! Nicely done, thanks alot Brother!!! :thumbs:

A very nice review of a very delicious cigar. The Super Belicoso was my first Opus X. A phenomenal experience with friends that sticks with me even today.

Very nice review..when you mention "drag" are you describing combustion? I'm very surprised by the burn as well. I have never seen or had an Opus do that before! Maybe the guys over at LFD rolled that one..... :(

nice review. love super beli's. The burn on it was terrible. Glad you enjoyed it.

I'm not sure if you know or not, but that is called canoeing, and a lot of times it can be fixed simply by rotating the cigar so that the conflict side is facing up. Heat rises, so science helps fix the cigar for you!

I'm not sure if you know or not, but that is called canoeing, and a lot of times it can be fixed simply by rotating the cigar so that the conflict side is facing up. Heat rises, so science helps fix the cigar for you!

I actually didn't know the name, but was aware of the technique. The problem was when I attempted to do that the piece of unlit wrapper got thicker and thicker as the stick was smoked, and when I attempted the Canoeing technique it burned off to the side a bit and began to burn in a wrapping sense around the wrapper and it almost connected before I ashed it. It was just a goofy burn, but I'll have another one and see if it does it again. Thanks for the advice Chainer, I will keep it in mind for those goofy situations!!! :thumbs: