• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Por Larranaga

Sunward

another brother
I was looking all over for these... found one today at a local shop. I didnt find the Petit Corona, so took one of these instead.

The size: 5 x 38 was a new edition, box code said '05 and they did not appear sick.

It lit well, as the snow was coming ,and i huddled under the roof, on the patio. The flavors were stronger than i expected, very aromatic, flavor of earth, wood, and spice. It had somewhat a sweet and spicey taste, not alot of smoke, but the vitola was small. The full taste really kicked in 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through. It changed, and flavors intensified. By then, snow was piling up in my tea cup, my tea was cold. I would rate this good to excellant. I can only imagine what age will do to these. :thumbs:

Nice review. I've been wondering about these for some time since the availability of the petit coronas is so spotty. Sounds like it's worth a spin. Doesn't hurt that it's pretty cheap. :thumbs: This is a machine-bunched vitola, is it not?

Wilkey

Ginseng said:
Nice review. I've been wondering about these for some time since the availability of the petit coronas is so spotty. Sounds like it's worth a spin. Doesn't hurt that it's pretty cheap. :thumbs: This is a machine-bunched vitola, is it not?

Wilkey
[snapback]256892[/snapback]​

correct. the Panetela is machine made. the Petit Corona is hand made,and believe the only hand made availale. They are difficult to find.

edited for spelling

Sunward said:
I was looking all over for these... found one today at a local shop. I didnt find the Petit Corona, so took one of these instead.

The size: 5 x 38 was a new edition, box code said '05 and they did not appear sick.

It lit well, as the snow was coming ,and i huddled under the roof, on the patio. The flavors were stronger than i expected, very aromatic, flavor of earth, wood, and spice. It had somewhat a sweet and spicey taste, not alot of smoke, but the vitola was small. The full taste really kicked in 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through. It changed, and flavors intensified. By then, snow was piling up in my tea cup, my tea was cold. I would rate this good to excellant. I can only imagine what age will do to these. :thumbs:
[snapback]256887[/snapback]​

Review gave me the chills!

I just picked up a cab of PC's from 04 on the recommendation of a good friend and smoked my first one tonight. Very interesting flavor profile, not as you would expect from a Cuban cigar kind of had an Anejo sweetness {like the 46} to it that changed dramatically throughout the smoke. Also a very slow burn which made a short cigar last about one full hour. It lived up to the description I was given and I am glad I made the purchase. :thumbs: