• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Por Larranaga

DirtyDave

Newbie Dirtball
Tonight I decided to cut out of work a little early and enjoy the evening with a PLPC. I've been really enjoying these lately. It is a shorter smoke, only 30 to 45 minutes. This one did well in my initial inspection. Firm, with a little give when squeezed. Nice bunching at the foot and the head. The pre-light draw was a little tight but nothing that would present a problem. It gave a light tobacco flavor.

gallery_10237_1244_42844.jpg

gallery_10237_1244_65747.jpg

I roasted the foot to get an even burn going and take my first few puffs. A straight forward tobacco greeted me. This lasted for about the first third. Around the second third some burn issues started. It got about 3/4 of an inch off before I corrected it with my lighter.

gallery_10237_1244_93237.jpg

The second third notes of honey were present along with a mild spice. Once the burn was corrected it stayed straight for the rest of the cigar. The finish of the cigar was lasting and smooth. A medium body to the finish. Definitely a good smoke for the price.

gallery_10237_1244_205544.jpg

gallery_10237_1244_285196.jpg

gallery_10237_1244_113786.jpg

gallery_10237_1244_135540.jpg

gallery_10237_1244_300004.jpg

As a side note, near the end of the cigar, a hot air balloon appeared over a neighboring building. Pretty neat.

gallery_10237_1244_104873.jpg

Nice review. I have really enjoyed the few of these that I have smoked.

Nice review! I've yet to have anything of the Por Larranaga line myself, guess I need to add it to the ever growing list! :D In Walla Walla, WA, where my mom lives they have a huge hot air ballon event every year, it really is an amazing thing to watch.

Nice review! You just love your lanceros don't you! I enjoyed this stick as well. Good thing these sticks are cheap!

Great review. I bought a cab of these last year and have been going through them way too quickly. They are perfect for a nice walk with the dog.

Thanks for sharing your review. I loved your pictures. Very nice. I have heard a lot of good things about the PLPC. I have one that has been sitting in my humidor for a few months now, that I've been waiting to light up before deciding on whether to purchase more. Despite the PLPC not being an expensive cigar, it would be nice to have a 25-ct. box option.

Yeah, 50 is a bit pricy but worth it. I'm finding that 50 isn't enough if you want to age them, I'm flying through them. Of course, I do like to share these!

I too wish that they had a 25 count box...I may break down and buy a cab anyway though.