• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Possibility of editing topic titles/descriptions?

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
There have been times when a trade is done or I've gotten the information I wanted that I would have liked to be able to edit the title to reflect this. Another board allows this feature (only for the originator of the topic). Makes it quick to pass those items that you otherwise might open only to find that the deal's been done.

It is possible with this software. It has to be allowed though. By default I believe that it is disabled

I understand why you are asking for an edit button but for the better good of the board, IMO, its best to not make it available. The problems that it creates (allowing people to change what they originally said) are bigger than just updating your post with another post.

But we can already go back and edit our posts to add missing information, remove misleading/wrong info, etc. I can see the need to not have a "Delete" option for entire posts for the reasons you state. I'm only suggesting a "shorthand" way of updating the status of a particular type of post.

I'd like the option to edit titles and descriptions too.

Whoops, maybe I should have read the question and had my boards straight as to editing ones post.

I still don't agree with having an edit button available to the membership as it allows people to erase records of what they said. There have been several instances of that here through the years and it is always someone covering their tracks.