• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Possible to use too many beads?

Marcos

I love you Rocky & Sammie and Bee...thank you
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that this answer is no but just wanted to check. What would happen if you used more than the recomended amount in any given space? Thanks

I am pretty sure that this answer is no but just wanted to check. What would happen if you used more than the recomended amount in any given space? Thanks
You won't have to add water as often. That's all.

Don't get to obsessed over the humidity. Ask the "experts" and you'll get answers all the way from 58 to 72% What you'll find is that there will be a range that you like to maintain your smokes at.

For example, if my coolers / desktop got up to 70%....I'd leave the lids open for an hour. I really want to see 65-68 in my coolers (storage) and 62-64 in my desktops. After I add water to the beads, the RH will often run up to 66-67 or so, and then I just let it coast down to the ranges I like. When my coolers get down to 62 or desktop gets down to 60...I'll add water. That's usually between two and four months down the road.

Good luck and don't worry - B.B.S.

Don't get to obsessed over the humidity. Ask the "experts" and you'll get answers all the way from 58 to 72% What you'll find is that there will be a range that you like to maintain your smokes at.

For example, if my coolers / desktop got up to 70%....I'd leave the lids open for an hour. I really want to see 65-68 in my coolers (storage) and 62-64 in my desktops. After I add water to the beads, the RH will often run up to 66-67 or so, and then I just let it coast down to the ranges I like. When my coolers get down to 62 or desktop gets down to 60...I'll add water. That's usually between two and four months down the road.

I'm with you, B.B.S - I like my cooler, that I use for long-term storage, at around 68% and my humi, for sticks that I may smoke at any given time, at about 63-64%.

Well put.. And a cigar is not gonna get destroyed at 60.. I woulnt maintain it there but people get panic'y when they see it.. Me i like to see my cigars 64-67%