• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Postage Increase

Why would you reply to a post made 4 years ago???

Rod said:
Why would you reply to a post made 4 years ago???
[snapback]199913[/snapback]​

LMAO! :laugh:

Hey inflatus, wanna share some of what you're smoking with the rest of us? :whistling:

:p

Someone take the car keys away from the boy plus any sharp objects TFF ;)

inflatus said:
Damn the USPS! :(
[snapback]199896[/snapback]​

Brother inflatus while struggling to remove his foot from his mouth falls and strikes his head on the mailbox and has a revelation...WTF was I thinking. :p

way to draw attention to it!!!!! :0 now theyll go up for sure :p

Seems to me we're about due for another increase, aren't we? I think they plan on a 3-year cycle for rate hike. I think it's based on the premise they'll make a little the first year, break even the second, and lose a little the third. Then it's time for another hike.

Still, I don't see why people get so worked up over modest increases. I don't think it's such a bad deal. To put it in perspective (one perspective, anyway...mine) try a little thought exercise. Imagine going to the airport with your first class letter in hand. Find a flight departing for the city to which you're sending the letter and proceed to the gate. (I know, I know...TSA won't let you do that anymore but bear with me.) Approach a random stranger waiting at the gate and say, "Hi. Since you're going to Cleveland anyway, could you drop this by my Aunt Gertie's house? That'd be great. Oh, here's 37 cents for your trouble." Now imagine getting that person to come by your house to pick the letter up, saving you that trip to the airport.

Yeah, I know it's not the greatest analogy. The USPS is in the business of delivering mail, economies of scale, yada-yada-yada. But who else is gonna take your letter anywhere in the country for one price? A soft drink costs me 75 cents here at work and I can't even get anyone to deliver it to my desk.

They shouldn't increase postage now that they quit sponsoring Lance Armstrong. Good move on their part

PetersCreek said:
Imagine going to the airport with your first class letter in hand. Find a flight departing for the city to which you're sending the letter and proceed to the gate. (I know, I know...TSA won't let you do that anymore but bear with me.) Approach a random stranger waiting at the gate and say, "Hi. Since you're going to Cleveland anyway, could you drop this by my Aunt Gertie's house? That'd be great. Oh, here's 37 cents for your trouble." Now imagine getting that person to come by your house to pick the letter up, saving you that trip to the airport.
[snapback]200231[/snapback]​

Excellent point... cheap at twice the price

And I can't imagine how bored I'd have to be to dig through posts from 4 years ago... :whistling: