• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Postcard in the mail today

Status
Not open for further replies.
KevinWHoecker said:
Sorry I can't give the exact name. I am sure these guys have a lot of money to make my life hell if need be and I have a wife and 19 month old baby girl to look after.
[snapback]222868[/snapback]​

...and a new $396,000 house on N. Mill Creek Drive ;)

KevinWHoecker said:
Sorry to reply so late in the game guys, I haven't had the time to fully think through a heart felt response and have only been able to read the posts with my handheld Treo. I have been on what I would call a very humbling trip South.

Very interesting comments indeed. I have done a cross reference of the list I bought and checked on some Cigar Pass member profiles. They all match aside from a couple of misspelling that obviously were typos. This leads me to believe that they gathered the names from Cigar Pass and added them to the list. There can't be any other explaination. I called and asked how they obtain the list and they said they recieved it through a third party. That was all they offered. This was my first time buying a list. Live and learn! I gave them names of the people that were offended by the mailing and would not like to be on the list. We sent out a total of 1,000 post cards. We had 10,000 names on the list. The other 9,000 will not go out because I do not want to offend CP members.

Here is something that really proves my intention and purchase. Coventry Cat and I have had some back and forths that leaves us both with a bitter taste in our mouths. Sad, being that I am sure we would get along well if we didn't know each others names and met at an event. Important point: If I had control over the names on this list and ever thought that CP members would be on it, I would certainly have looked for CC's name and made sure he was not sent a postcard.

You all are going to see a more mindful guy going forward. My sincerest apologies to anyone that we offended. I am not happy with the way some conversations have been going on CP and would like another chance at a cordial relationship with those that we offended with the mailing. Let me know what other questions I need to answer. I will look through the post again to see if I missed anything.
[snapback]222429[/snapback]​

Hmmmm, you first told us that you sent out TEN THOUSAND post cards, now your story is ONE THOUSAND. Ah what's a little ole order of magnitude between "friends" right? :rolleyes:

Ya know what I find strange? Today's story is 1,000 post cards and it seems that EVERY member of CigarPass who's address is in their profile (which is somewhere around 500) HAS received a post card from you therefore this statement:
The other 9,000 will not go out because I do not want to offend CP members.
is hmmmmm, what's that word I'm looking for? Oh yeah, BULL$HIT!!!

And your apprehension at not wanting to tell us who you "bought" the list from due to some alledged liability issues doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

AGAIN we have Kevin telling us a story where no one can PROVE he's lying but the story sounds so incredibly unbelievable that essentially no one's buying it.

It's pretty clear to me that you or someone who works DIRECTLY for your company went through CigarPass member's profiles and pulled as many addresses as he/she could find then sent out a few hundred post cards. Keep shoveling the BS all day Kevin but until you admit to us that's what you did, you have no credibility here, none whatsoever........

I never said we sent out 10,000. I said I bought a list of 10,000 names. Read the whole thread and that will be evident. Also, 500 CP members did not recieved it. I had one of our guys go through the list and only 90 (of the 1,000 that we sent out) or so CP members were on it.

Also, I am telling truth and I am done defending it. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction CC. I don't think that my story is outlandish at all. Especially since I know that it is true.

KevinWHoecker said:
It's called direct marketing, advertising 101. Happens all the time. Our marketing guy did it. He also made sure stamps went on all of them. I am mind boggled how a post card would come with postage due.

If you don't like deals, throw it out. Cigar International does it, Thompson Cigar does it, JR Cigars does it. If you dont like their deals either, thrown them out. The list was of known cigar smokers. Of course there are going to be some of you on it. You smoke cigars and you obviously spend a lot of time on the internet. There were about 10,000 names on it.

Margins on cigars, due to increased competition are less and less, if you only knew what 10% off of already low prices was in this business maybe you wouldn't complain about it and appreciate it more. Many of you took a neutral stance on it and I appreciate that. I have monitored who spoke strongly against it and have made the marketing guy take you off the list.

Further, it is companies like mine that keep Cigar Pass up and running. Believe it or not, we are your sponsors. We send money to Rod each and every month to see to it that you guys can continue to write back and forth to each other and talk about what we all love, cigars. I saw some of you tearing apart the guy from Cigar One the other day also. He is also a sponsor. It is amazing what some of you write over this forum that you would never say in person.
[snapback]217155[/snapback]​

Well this post sure makes it sound like you sent out 10,000 post cards, doesn't it?

You keep blowing smoke and changing your story every time you post.

How much did you supposedly pay for this list?

I've NEVER received mail from a cigar retailer that I did not ask for which someone said earlier. You screwed up Kevin and you keep trying to BS your way out of it and with your propensity to lie and shoot your mouth off you have no idea why I'm skeptical about anything you have to say are you?

KevinWHoecker said:
I never said we sent out 10,000. I said I bought a list of 10,000 names. Read the whole thread and that will be evident. Also, 500 CP members did not recieved it. I had one of our guys go through the list and only 90 (of the 1,000 that we sent out) or so CP members were on it.

Also, I am telling truth and I am done defending it. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction CC. I don't think that my story is outlandish at all. Especially since I know that it is true.
[snapback]222955[/snapback]​

Huummm, I think he's lying due to the fact that I worked for a Market Research company for a year, and it isn't illegal to provide where you bought the list from. ALOT of people ask that question.

I think you have a spam program, scanned this website and ripped off peoples addresses.

And also, no one buy 10,000 names and addresses, and doesn't use them. That's just a lie. Sorry.

edit for spelling

KayakinBoy said:
Huummm, I think he's lying due to the fact that I worked for a Market Research company for a year, and it isn't illegal to provide where you bought the list from. ALOT of people ask that question.
[snapback]222969[/snapback]​

I'm not defending Kevin's actions... but he didn't say it was illegal, but rather that it was in violation of the contract he signed with the company that provided him the names. No idea of the veracity of that.

moki said:
KayakinBoy said:
[snapback]222969[/snapback]​

I'm not defending Kevin's actions... but he didn't say it was illegal, but rather that it was in violation of the contract he signed with the company that provided him the names. No idea of the veracity of that.
[snapback]222976[/snapback]​

You're right, got a little mixed, i'm actually doing some work @ work today! :laugh:

If you signed a contrat stating you can't give away the source, than that's the first time I've ever seen that happen. the research firm I worked for was hired for all sorts of major companies from LA to New York, and we were always able to provide the seller if needed. So yes, I think he's a liar about that comment.

Just fuss up man. It's easier than lying.

Is the company you bought the list from illegal? I want to purchase a list from them. Do they advertise? You can't mention who it is, but YOU where told by someone about them, right? Is this some kind of under the table company? I don't get it! How can you get the list but we can't? Is this your "source". Very shady, either way.

I ran a 20 station predictive dialer for a Telemarketing company. Those lists are a dime a dozen. Why is yours so secretive? Hhhhmmmmmmm ???

Would you people shut up? BFD ya got a post card ya didn't ask for. Get over it and give it a rest. You, all of you, make me tired.

NA

I didn't get one.. :whistling: I just want to find out about this secret list. :laugh:

Shibumi said:
I didn't get one.. :whistling: I just want to find out about this secret list. :laugh:
[snapback]222990[/snapback]​

i didn't either

Status
Not open for further replies.