• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pre-Embargo Counterfeit Cuban Edicion Limitada

Here is my thoughts on these. I had wanted to try these for some time. Last year, about this time, I visited Perdomos in Miami Lakes. I priced the box but decided to hold off. An hour later I was at Mike's in Bal Harbour and noticed the same box of 50 for much less so I picked it up. My impressions are this:

The cigars smoked well and were constructed well with no burn or cutting problems. They certainly look good. The taste, on the other hand, was what gave Nicaraguan tobacco a bad reputation. These cigars are harsh and bitter. Any subtly of flavor was lost in the harshness. I have smoked my way through about 30 of these and have been handing out the rest as I just gave up on them. They are what they are; cheap cigars in all meaning of that phrase. I will not buy any more and would not recommend their purchase to others. If I judged all Nicaraguan tobacco on these cigars, and other cheap nasties that I have been duped into buying from Perdomo, I would have a real bad attitude towards this countries ability to produce fine quality tobacco. On the other hand Padron does wonders with tobacco from the same land so I reckon any broad judgment must be reserved.