• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pre-revolutionary cigars

SFG75

Master-passer
Let me get a few things straight...

1.)Are pre-revolutionary Cuban cigars legal?

2.)If so, how much do they cost and if they are-could anyone provide a website that they can be ordered from?(as well as a ballpark figure when it comes to cost)

-Just curious

I believe what you are refering to are pre-embargo cigars. Since they were brought here before the embargo they are legal to sell and own. There is a store near me that has several boxes dating from 1959. They are sold as seperate sticks and go for $55 a pop. My concern would be this, these cigars are 45 years old. Were they stored properly the entire time? I would hate to shell out $55 and find out they weren't.
There are also cigars being made from tobacco that was bought and exported before the embargo. They were recently made into cigars. I have tried one from Pinar and wasn't that impressed with it. I think I paid about $12 for it.

have heard too-much both ways about cigars made w/ cuban tobacco sitting down in Miami to want to try them (at least for the price they charge)

as for Pre-embargo cigars.
Yes,
you can buy as many Pre-Cuban Embargo Cuban Cigars you want and smoke them in front of customs,
on second thought, remember that sharing is caring. :D

hmm, for an example or two.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flor de F. Farach Farachitos - pre embargo
Price UK: £1,100.00
US Price: $2,035.00

Flor de F. Farach Farachitos - pre embargo - 5 pack
Price UK: £59.00
US Price: $109.15

H. Upmann Arcadias Jar - pre embargo
Price UK: £1,500.00
US Price: $2,775.00

Click for details
Punch Lonsdales - pre embargo
Price UK: £1,400.00
US Price: $2,590.00

Click for details
Ramon Allones Coronas 1961
Price UK: £1,150.00
US Price: $2,127.50

There are some Gurkha 1940 - 50 pre-embargo cigars available for $500 a box here.