• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pre-Sale: Exclusive Bourbon Release From Buffalo Trace

srnadel

Shoppers Vineyard has been selected to be the exclusive retailer for the Kris Comstock Series from Buffalo Trace Distillery. In case you didn't know, Kris Comstock is the Brand Manager for all the Buffalo Trace bourbons. In other words, he controls every barrel of whiskey they make. There will be 3 releases in the Series and all of them will be one-off single barrels only set to be produced once. This project is pretty interesting because Kris can pick ANY barrel he wants and since his name is on it I'm sure it's going to be something special.

The first release, which is set to arrive next week, will be the Kris Comstock Series: Rock Hill Farms 100 Proof Bourbon Whiskey. I have not tried it, but here are his notes:

"This bourbon is different than many I've tried here at Buffalo Trace. It has a creamier mouth feel than most of our bourbon - a buttery texture. The taste makes me think of white vanilla frosting. It very delicate. Opposed to big earthy whiskies that I sometimes like. This has clean crisp finish. It doesn't linger. 100 proof, but it doesn't overpower me. I like it."

Like I said, this is a pre-sale and with it comes special pricing. This whiskey will retail for $49.99/bottle, but use promo code KCSRHF and get it for $43.99/bottle. Only 228 bottles were produced and it will never be made again. This is a collector's item, so don't wait to order.

Thank you Seth just placed an order. Used flex ship - leaving for Reno on Wednesday - sending you a PM
Khari...did you get one too?

Tony

Just got mine today. Buffalo trace is my favorite distillery. I can't wait to try it.

Thank you Seth just placed an order. Used flex ship - leaving for Reno on Wednesday - sending you a PM

Tony

Hey Tony, I just saw this post. No, I'm on the fence about this. There's another bottle I want to buy from Shoppers Vineyard so I may buckle down and pick one up. Have you tried yours yet?

Did anyone ever try it?

I tried some last night (just a sip). Initially, it had a lot of bite, so I let it sit for a few minutes. After that, I really liked it. Lots of caramel and spice. I think it's a very tasty buron and comparable to what I would expect in the price range. I've never had the standard rock hill farms, so I can't say if it's any better or worse than the normal stuff. All told, I'm not disappointed in the purchase, but I knew I wouldn't be as I like pretty much everything buffalo trace puts out.

Thanks for the info.
Mostly I drink regular Makers and just bought some Makers 46 for the first time.
I've never had Rock Hill or Buffalo Trace, but I'm looking to try something new.

Tony

Hey Tony, I just saw this post. No, I'm on the fence about this. There's another bottle I want to buy from Shoppers Vineyard so I may buckle down and pick one up. Have you tried yours yet?

I just got this shipped to me today, we were in Reno and I postponed my shipping date so that i would be home when it arrived. I will sample it tomorrow and let you know what I think of it.
Check back tomorrow night.
Tony

I'd like to hear your opinion on it, I'm on the bubble as to whether I should try that or some small batch Four Roses. Even kind of looking for some cognac to branch out into...

Ok...I have poured my Kris Comstock Rock Hill whiskey in a Riedel glass and nose is floral and sweet - carmel/maple syrup like, when I swirl it - it's pretty leggy meaning it hangs onto the side for a long while, upon first sip...wow...creamy almost frosting like then - medium and buttery mouth feel but as soon as you notice the mouth feel the sweetness is gone BAAM just like that. Not very complex...in fact the flavor of sweet cream goes away fast, then the oak begins to take over, small amounts of vanilla but very clean and crisp. As I am typing I still have some toasted oak flavor lingering and not that sweetness. (Pause)....after about 3 min. took another sip, getting more creamy taste like sweet butter cream on a cake, but it fades pretty fast, then back to that classic toasted oak. Certainly different from most of the common whiskies we are accustomed to. Not earthy and bold, more delicate and very smooth for a 100 proof.
That's my take gentlemen,
Tony