• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Preferidos

Vicster

Social identity theory
I have an oppurtunity to attend a cigar dinner featuring Preferidos which I know nothing about. The meal sounds great, paired with some fine scotch and three different Preferidos. Plus you walk away with a Preferido sampler which they say is worth $100.

Opinions on the cigars would be appreciated.

The only Preferidos I can think of are the La Aurora line. They do tend to be pretty pricey, depending on the size. Not bad, but I'm not sure they're worth the price.

The only Preferidos I can think of are the La Aurora line. They do tend to be pretty pricey, depending on the size. Not bad, but I'm not sure they're worth the price.
If they are La Aurora's, Holt's and CI seem to be closing out the Cammies and Maddies (respectively) at $5-6 a stick.

I think they're good, plus a cigar dinner is usually a good time.

Will

Here is the link to the event. It does sound like a good time.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/store/

Current runs are ok. When they first came out, they were delicious. The $100.00 price is MSRP which is nutso money. and absolutely not worth it.
In their glory, the sampler wasn't hard to find at $60.00-ish. All that said, that is just my opinion. You may love them. Live a little.

As a follow up we did attend and had a great time. The cigars were good, scotch was a treat and the food outstanding. The took great care of my wife supplying her with cigars that fit her taste rather than what was being passed out. The GM told us there is a Padron dinner in January that should not be missed, he hinted that there will be some very attractive specials.

As a follow up we did attend and had a great time. The cigars were good, scotch was a treat and the food outstanding. The took great care of my wife supplying her with cigars that fit her taste rather than what was being passed out. The GM told us there is a Padron dinner in January that should not be missed, he hinted that there will be some very attractive specials.

Good to hear. If there's a Padron event, I might have to head down. :thumbs:

Will

The La Aurora is a cigar that had it's beginning in 1903 when only the best rollers could make that size at the birth of the company. Today they are available in five wrappers, often symbolized by the unique color of the tubes they come in. Wrapper are Maduro, Camroon, Equador, Dominican and Connecticut.

Available in five pack mixed wrappers, 8ct single wraps and 24ct. They are also available in various sizes, untubed at lesser cost. A tubed robusto will be out soon.

How did you enjoy the Preferidos? I personally enjoy the Green.

How did you enjoy the Preferidos? I personally enjoy the Green.

I have not tried any of the cigars from the sampler. During the dinner we has a Cameroon which was back and forth taste wise. Not bad at about 1/2 to the end. I enjoyed the Maduro, it was a small cigar not the standard size. and I believe I smoked the Sun Grown a few days later which I rather enjoyed. I am looking forward to smoking some of the full size cigars out of the sampler.

I'm not a huge fan of the preferidos, but cigar dinners are usually a good time ... you're paying for food/cigars and atmosphere!
Enjoy.