• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Presidential Cohibas?

Siglo-Man

Just received this stick as a gift from a friend who is a secret service agent and on the presidential protective division. He said this is a fav stick of "some very high up" individuals in the WH. I have never seen anything like this before so I thought I'd send it out to the pros. Thoughts?

100_2256.jpg

100_2254.jpg

Did he carry it in his coat pocket? It looks a bit bent and beat up. Rough wrapper too. I'm far from a pro, though.

They are supposedly for diplomatic gifts given by the state to visiting dignitaries or on other state visits. The reason I say supposedly is there has been some debate as to the authenticity of the claim. The Palma Real is the national tree of Cuba which is why it has the second band.

Now if I get a shipment seized can I use your friends name and say that these are being smoked in the White House?

Those look awfully shady.....

This guy is the real deal as far as working for the Pres. Here is his story:

In 2006 one of our presidents, after his term was up, came back from
Germany where he visited the troops and made some speeches. He got two
large Humidors of Diplomatic edition Cohiba variety(siglo, piramides,
lanceros and Gran Coronas) from Chancellor Merkel. Apparently she knew how
fond our ex-pres was of Cohibas... In any event, one Humidor was
sacrificed as a thank you gift to the agents that served him throughout
his 8 years of presidency. I cleared the pres. that night and got about a
dozen of these sticks, 4 of each. These were the jewels of my humidor and
unfortunately almost all of them are gone.

I ain't never seen such dog-rockety lookin 'hibas before. Maybe Merkel's driver switched them up before she turned them in. Those veins reach all the way to Idaho, pretty banged up wrapper.

I ain't never seen such dog-rockety lookin 'hibas before. Maybe Merkel's driver switched them up before she turned them in. Those veins reach all the way to Idaho, pretty banged up wrapper.

I wonder if this was given out after it was removed from a certain White House intern. :laugh:

I wonder if this was given out after it was removed from a certain White House intern. :laugh:

lol. Well they are from 06 and not many take care of their smokes as well as we do. I will say the band is of identical detail of my Tuboos and the special "palm" band is embossed with great detail w gold foil as well. If it is a fake there was a lot of effort to make a cigar that little if any know about.

I say smoke it and let us know. As I have no friends in such positions, I will just have to experience it through your written words...boo!

Great gift. It was gifted to you to enjoy, so smoke it, enjoy it and who cares about its authenticity.

Great gift. It was gifted to you to enjoy, so smoke it, enjoy it and who cares about its authenticity.

Need an occasion for this one! I still have most of my Gran Reservas waiting as well as a few Behikes and those aren;t even one offs. Ahhhg.

Those Behikes are great looking sticks!

100_2261.jpg

I can't think of a special occasion in my life that will call for the 80th outside of my 8 year old daughter's wedding (hopefully in 30 years or so :sign: ). Decisions, decisions........
Wow, it always amazes me how some guys will hold onto a stick until it becomes useless to smoke. It's just another cigar, celebrate your life, smoke the damn thing.
Tomorrow's another day, you will acquire another so called, special occasion smoke. Celebrate your kids life with that one.

Brian

One of the best piece of advice I have ever read. Something I always remember when we discuss special sticks.

I can't think of a special occasion in my life that will call for the 80th outside of my 8 year old daughter's wedding (hopefully in 30 years or so :sign: ). Decisions, decisions........
Wow, it always amazes me how some guys will hold onto a stick until it becomes useless to smoke. It's just another cigar, celebrate your life, smoke the damn thing.
Tomorrow's another day, you will acquire another so called, special occasion smoke. Celebrate your kids life with that one.

Brian

One of the best piece of advice I have ever read. Something I always remember when we discuss special sticks.

And with that, I too say SMOKE IT! I dunno, looks kinna tasty to me. :D

If you need a special occasion, just send it to me and I will smoke it for you. Another day you are alive is the best reason to smoke the best you got in the humidor. Long as I am still walking, that is more than enough reason to smoke a rare cigar. Now if could get my hands on a Opus X Football I will show everyone how it is done. :D

If I recall, it was a Monte Especiale No 1 SIZE Cohiba that were presidential gifts...pre-1982, before going commercial.
I havn't seen anything about them after that and can only ASSume that they just give those out still, inspite of being available.
Although after Fidel was told stop smoking, I don't know if they do give them out at all.

Now, 2006 was a a release for the Cohiba Piramide

Either way, it does look odd...but hey, it's Cuba!

As Sam stated...it's a gift...enjoy it! :thumbs:

The second band does fall in line with the diplomatic gift, but it doesn't who it came from cause it doesn't make the cigar any better...just the story.

It's probably real, fakes like that are really rare and your source is pretty realistic. Smoke and enjoy

I hear ya. Well I have the Macallan US ambassador coming to visit this weekend so maybe I'll spark it up. Hope he won't mind me snapping a pic every inch or so for the CP board lol.

Brian

And with that, I too say SMOKE IT! I dunno, looks kinna tasty to me. :D

Expensive cigars, expensive booze, presidential this, ambassador that...what do you do? I would like to trade my cubicle job for yours. How can I be a millionaire? Can I be your friend? ;)