• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Presidents Day W/E contest

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
All are eligeble. Rules are simple. One answer per contestent. First correct answer wins. Prize is a Pkg. of my favorlite cigars.

After he left office, this President returned to his native state to be greeted by a large throng of admirers. At the ceremony welcoming him back home, one of the dignitaries in attendance presented the former president with a garden rake. The fellow went on and on about the handle which he believed to be hickory and compared them to the attributes of this President. When the President received the rake, he only said one word, “OAK”. Who was this President?

Doc.

Damn, impressive contest.

Bilder, you know too damn much!!! Congratulations!! ;)

:thumbs:

Thanks for the contest.

I got lucky and remembered reading something about this a couple months ago.

Time says it was Ash not Oak

I WIN!

[Calvin Coolidge's] Vermont neighbors decided to recognize his devotion to the old family farm ... by giving him a handmade rake. The orator who presented the rake ... dwelt at length on the qualities of the hickory wood from which it was made.

'Hickory,' he said, like the President, is sturdy, strong, resilient, unbroken.' Then he handed the rake to Coolidge, and the audience settled back for his speech of acknowledgment. Coolidge turned the rake over, looked at it carefully, — and said: 'Ash.'

Link

Time says it was Ash not Oak

I WIN!

[Calvin Coolidge's] Vermont neighbors decided to recognize his devotion to the old family farm ... by giving him a handmade rake. The orator who presented the rake ... dwelt at length on the qualities of the hickory wood from which it was made.

'Hickory,' he said, like the President, is sturdy, strong, resilient, unbroken.' Then he handed the rake to Coolidge, and the audience settled back for his speech of acknowledgment. Coolidge turned the rake over, looked at it carefully, — and said: 'Ash.'

Link
The question was, who was the president, not what kind of wood. But you get a consilation prize for reminding me that my memory is failing. Let's hope I don't forget to mail it. :p

Doc.

Going by that then no president said "OAK" and so nobody wins. :0

When God gave out crosses to bear, why the hell did I get the entire goddamn Marine corps? :laugh:

Doc.

Capitol "C" Doc. Marine Corps

Once a Marine......also applies to those attached to us :)

Oh, that's the way it is. Make one silly, youthful, mistake on a corps. school dream sheet and I have to pay the rest of my life. :sign: I must admit though, I don't have to buy many drinks if there's Jarheads around :thumbs:

Doc.

Congrats bilder....Semper Fi gentlemen!!!!!!!

Bilder, DC# 0306 2400 0002 0874 7128

Ray, I'll get your "consolation" prize out the end of the week.

Doc.

I feel consoled already :blush: