• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pretty awesome Craigslist pick up.

maduro89

Straight Razors and Whisky
So pretty much we all know that we never buy Cuban cigars on Craigslist. You can scour the website day to day and you'll find nothing but fake Cubans with glass tops. Well today I noticed that there was a paper box of 5 mini boxes with three tubos of Cohiba Siglo IIs. They've been faked before but not as often has the regular Cuban sandwich Cubans that usually pop up. So I went with my gut and emailed the poster about the box. He told me his next door neighbor's father works for Habanos SA and gets free cigars on the regular. IDK if I really bought that but he had quite a few boxes. All at retail. I picked up the box of Siglo IIs and believe it or not, everything checked out. I was flabbergasted. That distinct honey smell tickled my nose when I opened up the tube. The lables we're all perfect and everything was sealed as it should be. Very glad I went with my gut on this one. What do y'all think? 20170616_220044.jpg 20170616_215939.jpg 20170616_220110.jpg 20170616_215957.jpg 20170616_220204.jpg 20170616_220328.jpg

Wow. Actual real CC's on Craigslist. Pretty sure that's a first. You may have lucked out.

Last edited:
I've seen counterfeits with authentic packaging and warranty seals. Based on where you got them I would enjoy them but refrain from selling or trading them.
Never even crossed my mind trading them or selling them, I'm going to enjoy every single one of them and I may dissect one of them just to make sure 100% ;)

Exhibit A of real looking fakes. The give away on these, the top cedar insert with the cohiba Indian head logo doesn't have the correct circle cut in corner, and the seal is not affixed to the box. Real seal, real everything. Also no stamped box code. Which can happen, but is rare. Questionable if the cigars are real Cohiba though.
https://denver.craigslist.org/for/6107479724.html

Exhibit A of real looking fakes. The give away on these, the top cedar insert with the cohiba Indian head logo doesn't have the correct circle cut in corner, and the seal is not affixed to the box. Real seal, real everything. Also no stamped box code. Which can happen, but is rare. Questionable if the cigars are real Cohiba though.
Of course there's always going to be doubt if you don't get it from a confirmed source. Once I smoke one I'll know. I've smoked these in the past.

As far as a cedar insert goes, I never posted a picture of one.

Glad you got some cigars you will enjoy.

Josh makes a very good point. You have no providence on these cigars, only your gut telling you that they look pretty good. Yes, enjoy them but please don't sell or trade them. I realize you said you had no intention of doing so, which is good. Given where they came from, my gut tells me that no matter how good they look, they are probably fakes. Not unheard of for factory workers to steal tubos, packaging materials, seals, etc. then hand roll cigars at home, pack 'em up, and sell them. I don't blame them, given the economy in Cuba, but we need to be careful about where they end up. It's about being responsible to your fellow cigar enthusiasts.

There are better places to buy cigars than Craiglist, just saying.....:rolleyes:

Glad you got some cigars you will enjoy.

Josh makes a very good point. You have no providence on these cigars, only your gut telling you that they look pretty good. Yes, enjoy them but please don't sell or trade them. I realize you said you had no intention of doing so, which is good. Given where they came from, my gut tells me that no matter how good they look, they are probably fakes. Not unheard of for factory workers to steal tubos, packaging materials, seals, etc. then hand roll cigars at home, pack 'em up, and sell them. I don't blame them, given the economy in Cuba, but we need to be careful about where they end up. It's about being responsible to your fellow cigar enthusiasts.

There are better places to buy cigars than Craiglist, just saying.....:rolleyes:
Definitely! I completely agree with you! It was just something that my gut kept telling me to try. Once I smoke it I'll be able to tell. It was an experience I wanted to share on the forum because it was a unique situation for me. I'll keep y'all posted with my verdict!

i because I believe in getting right to the point we are are here talking about the same thing and I ask anyone if they know I am not asking for anyone to buy

Really no intro post, only 1 post and its asking where you can sell or trade GTFO
mate1977 speak to me right and I'll speak to you right if your mad because you don't have what I have and never shall go Look in the mirror and see what you are before you tell someone else go fuck off