• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Price in Cuba

3Vandoo

Anyone went to Cuba lately.

And if yes, do you have recent prices on the boxes, went to Marty's list and still we have the price of Oct 06.

Marty has been to Cuba since the list was compiled and most of us help him keep it up to date- thus all the bold prices from recent updates.
My own list from Nov matches his list at least in all the cigars I'm interested in or bought.
Ask me about particular vitolas if you are concerned about big changes.

The biggest change for us Canucks has been in the exchange rate. Since the cigars are priced in $CUC, which is converted to a relatively weak $US at POS and because of the strong $CAN against that $US on our VISA charges, we are seeing big savings on the net prices over the past few months.

Commander Bob
Hoping for a $1.10 Loonie in Feb.

You sure?

I see the VR's Unicos still at 181us, same price I paid in dec 2006,

thanx

PS: A loonie at 1.10, makes my company do, 35% more profit a year :) and help cry out many others who doesnt think about selling over the pond, ah typical quebec whinners, lol

sorry for the vent now I must pick my choice of havana to bring back

You sure?

I see the VR's Unicos still at 181us, same price I paid in dec 2006,
I'll tell you how sure I am -I bought a box of Unicos at $181.25CUC this past November!
That's the price in all the stores.
The official price in March 2005 was $171.25CUC but they went up in 2006. Contrary to popular belief, Habanos does not raise the prices every 6 months and indeed the price of Cohibas has actually gone down.

But you should get to Cuba as soon as possible just in case. :D

Commander Bob
Price List Contributor

Bob....You may see a slight price difference once you get away from downtown Havana, maybe $10. John

Bob....You may see a slight price difference once you get away from downtown Havana, maybe $10. John
The prices in Habana Viejo shops, in Vedado, in Centro and in Miramar and points west were all the same. the prices in Varadero were the same.
There were up to seven or eight of us in both Havana and the resorts all buying cigars and nobody saw anything but standard pricing.
YMMV, but I can only report what we paid. :D :D

If you are buying in a resort store in Cayo Coco or Holguin then you will likely be paying a markup in any case but as of the end of November, all the Casa del Habano, Casa del Tabaco and Tiendas Tabacos stores still kept to the official Caricol price list.

As everyone knows, if you buy your "Cohibas" from the lifeguard, you can "save" hundreds of dollars per box. :rolleyes:

Commander Bob
But if there IS a price increas, it will probably come in February! :(

LOL

yeah, I bought a box from a guy whose brother knows a guy who married a woman who knows a lady that know another lady that married the guy who knows the dude doing maintenance at the shop.

heard these stories too often, just last summer when one of my coaches, lil cocky future lawyers came to practice just fresh from cuba proud of his Esplendidos and Monte 4 that he paid 80$ for both boxes... I laughed but laughed, im still laughing, poor kid.

The prices in Habana Viejo shops, in Vedado, in Centro and in Miramar and points west were all the same. the prices in Varadero were the same.
There were up to seven or eight of us in both Havana and the resorts all buying cigars and nobody saw anything but standard pricing.
YMMV, but I can only report what we paid. :D :D

If you are buying in a resort store in Cayo Coco or Holguin then you will likely be paying a markup in any case but as of the end of November, all the Casa del Habano, Casa del Tabaco and Tiendas Tabacos stores still kept to the official Caricol price list.

As everyone knows, if you buy your "Cohibas" from the lifeguard, you can "save" hundreds of dollars per box. :rolleyes:

Commander Bob
But if there IS a price increas, it will probably come in February! :(

michael
this is indeed the case...i checked every box and what i paid in november and had nothing new to send marty.

it was a pleasure to meet you...too short tho.

derrek :D

michael
this is indeed the case...i checked every box and what i paid in november and had nothing new to send marty.

it was a pleasure to meet you...too short tho.
derrek :D

Yo! Derrek!
Too short indeed. We'll have to try to get closer resorts next time. I enjoyed our conversation in "The VIP Room".

Hope you ended up with a decent haul of Tasty Island Treats

CB